- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Affiliated Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- Spring Classes
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Edith Wharton
- Bridging the Partisan Divide
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Building Character
- Crafting a Compelling Query: An Agent's Advice
- Deconstructing Children's Literature
- E.M. Forster: Aspects of the Novel and Howard’s End
- Faulkner and Woolf: Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde?
- How Fiction Works
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Interpretations of Sherlock Holmes: Part I
- On the Dark Side: the First Arc of American Noir
- Paris: A Literary Sampler
- Picture Book Intensive: A Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Rock Creek Songbirds
- Spring Poetry Circle: Czeslaw Milosz & Tomas Transtromer
- The Tell-Tale Poe
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
The Twelve Gifts for Healing (Hardcover)
Not currently in the store – Usually ships in 1-5 days
A wonderful and compassionate illustrated gift book that will inspire readers to triumph over adversity of any kind.
The author of The 12 Gifts of Birth has produced another beautifully illustrated book that will uplift and inspire all who turn its pages. Everyone goes through some sort of loss in life, and in The Healing Place, Charlene Costanzo provides words of encouragement that will help readers triumph over adversity of any kind--whether it is cancer, job loss, divorce, or just a bad day. The book will give readers a renewed faith in themselves.
The Healing Place opens with a simple yet powerful story of a troubled woman searching for healing. The book then offers twelve healing aspirations that will reaffirm readers sense of peace and dignity, accompanied by beautiful illustrations and colorized photographs. The Healing Place is certain to become a cherished companion on life′s journey.
About the Author
Charlene Gorda Costanzo is an award-winning author, workshop facilitator, wife, mother of two adult daughters, and grandmother of twins. She holds a BA in Philosophy from St. Bonaventure University and an MA in Spiritual Psychology from the University of Santa Monica.
Originally from New Jersey, she has resided in New York, Texas, Arizona, and Florida. During a one-year book tour to launch The Twelve Gifts of Birth, Charlene and her husband enjoyed living in an RV in forty-eight of the fifty states.
Praise for The Twelve Gifts for Healing…
This is a blessing, an inspiration, an act of beauty.--Joan Borysenko, author, Minding the Body, Mending the Mind
“This is a magnificent gift. Let it heal your heart.”Christiane Northrup, M.D., author, Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom