- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Affiliated Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- Spring Classes
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Edith Wharton
- Bridging the Partisan Divide
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Building Character
- Crafting a Compelling Query: An Agent's Advice
- Deconstructing Children's Literature
- E.M. Forster: Aspects of the Novel and Howard’s End
- Faulkner and Woolf: Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde?
- How Fiction Works
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Interpretations of Sherlock Holmes: Part I
- On the Dark Side: the First Arc of American Noir
- Paris: A Literary Sampler
- Picture Book Intensive: A Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Rock Creek Songbirds
- Spring Poetry Circle: Czeslaw Milosz & Tomas Transtromer
- The Tell-Tale Poe
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Frozen in Time LP: An Epic Story of Survival and a Modern Quest for Lost Heroes of World War II (Paperback)
Not currently in the store – Usually ships in 1-5 days
The author of Lost in Shangri-La delivers an astonishing true account of endurance and bravery in the Arctic wilderness.
On November 5, 1942, a U.S. cargo plane slammed into the Greenland ice cap. Days later, a B-17 on the search-and-rescue mission became lost in a storm and also crashed. All nine men aboard survived. The U.S. military launched a second daring rescue mission, but that plane flew into a severe storm and vanished.
Frozen in Time is a spellbinding account of these harrowing crashes and the fate of the survivors and their would-be saviors. It also tells the story of a modern-day expedition to Greenland to find the missing rescue plane and the three heroes it carried. A tribute to the perilous and often overlooked work of the U.S. Coast Guard, Frozen in Time is a breathtaking blend of mystery, adventure, heroism, and survival.
About the Author
Mitchell Zuckoff's honors include the 2000 Distinguished Writing Award from the American Society of Newspaper Editors. His book Choosing Naia: A Family's Journey was a Boston Globe bestseller and won the Christopher Award.