- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Offsite Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- "What's Love Got To Do With It?": A History of Marriage
- Arthurian Women
- Bridging the Partisan Divide
- Cloaked Trajectory: Tracking the Modern Spy Novel
- Edith Wharton
- Expatriate Literature: Americans Abroad
- From Main Street to Lake Wobegon: Sinclair Lewis, Garrison Keillor, and Life in Small Town America
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Inside The Best American Poetry 2013
- Knitting the New Lace
- Make Your Own Passover Haggadah with DipTwice
- Master Class: Memoir Manuscript Workshop
- Memoir Writing Workshop (Mixed Level)
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Ralph Ellison: Invisible & Visible
- Shakespeare in Washington: Richard III and Henry IV, Part 1
- Text and Performance: Three Contemporary Plays
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Workshop with NYT bestselling author Cara Black: We'll Always Have Paris...: Constructing an International Setting
- Writing and Rewriting Huck
- Winter Classes
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Sweet Celebrations: Our Favorite Cupcake Recipes, Memories, and Decorating Secrets That Add Sparkle to Any Occasion (Hardcover)
On Our Shelves Now
Celebrate with cupcakes!
Birthdays, cocktail parties, weddings, bridal showers, picnics, or low-key get-togethers with your friends—all occasions should be topped off with a cupcake! In this delectable book, sisters and stars of the hit TLC series DC Cupcakes Katherine Kallinis Berman and Sophie Kallinis LaMontagne serve up more than fifty recipes for every celebratory occasion.
Including step-by-step cupcake decorating instructions with photos, guides for cupcake table presentations, and tips for throwing the best parties, Sweet Celebrations is the perfect cookbook for the home baker and entertainer looking to wow friends and family. Katherine and Sophie go above and beyond the ordinary cupcake call of duty with innovative recipes, including frozen cupcake pops for summer picnics, baby blue and pink "gender reveal" cupcakes for baby showers, and recipes for non-cupcake treats such as their grandmother's Greek butter cookies and their all-time favorite milk shakes.
Katherine and Sophie also share charming personal memories of holidays and special events while giving readers the tools to plan their next cupcake-filled special occasion!
About the Author
KATHERINE KALLINIS BERMAN and SOPHIE KALLINIS LAMONTAGNE are the bestselling authors of The Cupcake Diaries, stars of the TLC hit series DC Cupcakes, and owners of Georgetown Cupcake. Katherine and Sophie and their staff now bake over 20,000 cupcakes each day and ship their cupcakes all over the country. Their cupcakes have been featured in the New York Times, USA Today, People, InStyle, and Food & Wine and on The Today Show, The Oprah Winfrey Show, and The Martha Stewart Show.
Praise for Sweet Celebrations: Our Favorite Cupcake Recipes, Memories, and Decorating Secrets That Add Sparkle to Any Occasion…
“There’s a reason people stand in line for hours at their favorite cupcake shops. But why bother, when you can learn the sisters’ secrets to baking and decorating cupcakes (and other goodies) just like the pros?”