- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Gaithersburg Book Festival
- Affiliated Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- Spring Classes
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Edith Wharton
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Building Character
- Crafting a Compelling Query: An Agent's Advice
- Deconstructing Children's Literature
- E.M. Forster: Aspects of the Novel and Howard’s End
- Faulkner and Woolf: Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde?
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Interpretations of Sherlock Holmes: Part I
- On the Dark Side: the First Arc of American Noir
- Paris: A Literary Sampler
- Picture Book Intensive: A Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Rock Creek Songbirds
- Spring Poetry Circle: Czeslaw Milosz & Tomas Transtromer
- The Tell-Tale Poe
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Whiplash: A Dreamland Thriller (Mass Market Paperback)
Not currently shipping from publisher – Subject to future availability
Peace is an illusion . . .The Apocalypse is days away.
The worlds attention is focused on the historic plans of the U.S. and Iranian presidents to lay down their swords. But on the African continent, one man holds the power to obliterate the peace by unleashing terror and global chaosand no one sees it coming.
Hiding behind the bloody madness of tribal warfare in the Horn of Africa, Iranian functionary-turned-fanatic Bani Aberhadji has achieved the impossiblesingle-handedly creating a vast, invisible network dedicated to the construction, delivery, and detonation of a nuclear nightmare. Only by chance are American agents now learning of its existence, and it may already be too late.
Born from the ashes of Dreamland, the covert strike force Whiplash is armed and ready to spring into actionled by Dreamland veterans Danny Freah and former ace pilot, now Washington insider, Breanna Stockard. But Aberhadjis web of death is wide and well concealed . . . and the doomsday clock is ticking.
About the Author
Dale Brown is the author of numerous New York Times bestsellers, including his 1987 work Flight of the Old Dog. His most recent bestseller was A Time for Patriots. A former captain in the U.S. Air Force and a current mission pilot in the Civil Air Patrol, he often flies his own plane in the skies over America.