- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Gaithersburg Book Festival
- Affiliated Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- Spring Classes
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Edith Wharton
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Building Character
- Crafting a Compelling Query: An Agent's Advice
- Deconstructing Children's Literature
- E.M. Forster: Aspects of the Novel and Howard’s End
- Faulkner and Woolf: Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde?
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Interpretations of Sherlock Holmes: Part I
- On the Dark Side: the First Arc of American Noir
- Paris: A Literary Sampler
- Picture Book Intensive: A Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Rock Creek Songbirds
- Spring Poetry Circle: Czeslaw Milosz & Tomas Transtromer
- The Tell-Tale Poe
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Sure, he's an excitable guy. Sure, he loves to complain. But Regis Philbin loves life . . . and, with the wildly unpredictable one he's led so far, who wouldn't? After five decades in show business--and nearly 17,000 unforgettable hours on television--he has a lifetime's worth of stories to share.
In this entertaining memoir, the irrepressible Reege--consummate talk-show host, man-about-town, loving husband, father, and yes, obsessive sports fan--looks back at his years in show business. "How I Got This Way" is filled with stories of lessons learned--and elbows rubbed--with extraordinary, and often unsuspecting, teachers: from David Letterman, Donald Trump, and George Clooney to longtime cohosts Kathie Lee Gifford and Kelly "Pippa" Ripa, as well as his own lovely wife, Joy--to name just a few.
Whether he's revealing what really drove him "bonkers" on the set of "Seinfeld," what Jack Nicholson said about his beautiful leading ladies during their guys' night out together, or poignant memories of his last moments with his idol and dear friend, Jack Paar, Regis packs every page with his signature heart, wit, dynamic energy, and gratitude for everything life has brought him.
About the Author
Regis Philbin has been entertaining television audiences for more than fifty years, in daytime reigning as a beloved morning-show host, in nighttime as an Über game-show host, and also as a fixture on national and local late-night shows. He is most widely known for Live! With Regis and Kathie Lee and its subsequent incarnation Live! With Regis and Kelly; Who Wants to Be a Millionaire; Million Dollar Password; and the first season of Americas Got Talent. Regis is the proud recipient of five Emmy Awards, including a Lifetime Achievement Award from the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, a Broadcasting & Cable Lifetime Achievement Award, the Walter Camp Distinguished American Award at Yale University, and a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. In 2006 Regis was inducted into both the National Association of Broadcasters Hall of Fame and the Television Academys Hall of Fame. Regis lives in New York and Connecticut with his lovely wife, Joy.
Praise for How I Got This Way…
Essential for all popular collections.
Others have come and gone, but the breezy Philbin is still here. What you see on TV is what you get in this book. Fans will love it.