- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Gaithersburg Book Festival
- Affiliated Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- Spring Classes
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Edith Wharton
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Building Character
- Crafting a Compelling Query: An Agent's Advice
- Deconstructing Children's Literature
- E.M. Forster: Aspects of the Novel and Howard’s End
- Faulkner and Woolf: Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde?
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Interpretations of Sherlock Holmes: Part I
- On the Dark Side: the First Arc of American Noir
- Paris: A Literary Sampler
- Picture Book Intensive: A Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Rock Creek Songbirds
- Spring Poetry Circle: Czeslaw Milosz & Tomas Transtromer
- The Tell-Tale Poe
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Being Kendra: Cribs, Cocktails, and Getting My Sexy Back (Hardcover)
Not currently in the store – Usually ships in 1-5 days
Kendra Wilkinson has revealed herself beforein the pages of Playboy and on her reality show, Kendra. Now she reveals her private side, sharing the ups and downs, the joys and challenges of motherhood, marriage, and life in the spotlight.
In this intimate follow-up to her New York Times bestseller, Sliding into Home, Kendra confides her most candid thoughts and feelings on her experiences as a new mom, and she divulges her secrets on how to do it all and make it look easy, sexy, and funeven when its not.
Now with a husband and baby in her life, a booming brand to manage, and her own needs to think about too, Kendra is learning the art of balance, sometimes the hard way. Not wanting to pawn her child off to nannies like so many other stars, Kendra relishes the role of supermomkissing boo-boos, making lunches, scheduling playdatesall while juggling appearances, workout videos, and even training for the ultra-competitive hit show Dancing with the Stars.
While Being Kendra is full of humor and true stories that women can relate to, its also a heartrending look at Kendras very personal journey through some dark places, including a private struggle with postpartum depression and a very public tussle with post-baby weight loss. Kendra, who has always been known for her athletic (and enhanced) figure, opens up about her efforts to get her bikini body back and the difficulty of not looking sexy, which she believed was her most valuable quality. Her fight to lose weight at any cost, chronicled on the covers of countless magazines, has become yet another triumph for Kendra as she continues to succeed in the face of adversity.
From dental assistant, to Playboy girlfriend and face of a franchise, to wife and new mother, Kendra has embraced what life has thrown at her with determination, fortitude, and a ready laugh. This daring and honest memoir captures Kendra and her family in their best and worst moments as she lives, loves, rebounds, and, ultimately, finds her place in her new world.
About the Author
Kendra Wilkinson is the star of the hit reality series Kendra and former star of the massively popular show The Girls Next Door. She lives in Calabasa, California, with her husband, Hank Baskett, and her son, Hank Jr.