- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Affiliated Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- Spring Classes
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Edith Wharton
- Bridging the Partisan Divide
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Building Character
- Crafting a Compelling Query: An Agent's Advice
- Deconstructing Children's Literature
- E.M. Forster: Aspects of the Novel and Howard’s End
- Faulkner and Woolf: Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde?
- How Fiction Works
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Interpretations of Sherlock Holmes: Part I
- On the Dark Side: the First Arc of American Noir
- Paris: A Literary Sampler
- Picture Book Intensive: A Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Rock Creek Songbirds
- Spring Poetry Circle: Czeslaw Milosz & Tomas Transtromer
- The Tell-Tale Poe
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
The Cupcake Diaries: Recipes and Memories from the Sisters of Georgetown Cupcake (Hardcover)
On Our Shelves Now
In this delectable cookbook and memoir, sisters and stars of the hit TLC series DC Cupcakes inspire readers with their recipe for success: equal parts determination, smarts, and the belief that if you do what you love, you cant fail.
When sisters Katherine Kallinis and Sophie Kallinis LaMontagne took a leap of faith and quit their secure jobs in fashion and finance to open a small cupcakery together, they knew they were risking it all. But from when they were little, their Greek grandmother Babee instilled in them a love of baking and the fire to follow their dreams. From the moment they opened the doors to Georgetown Cupcake, crowds have been clamoring for their sweet, wholesome treats; they sell as many as 10,000 cupcakes a day. And for two seasons, fans have been following their escapadesincluding making a giant bra, a slot machine, and a wedding gown out of cupcakeson the hit TLC series DC Cupcakes.
Georgetown Cupcakes meteoric rise is the realization of a dream rooted in the special bond that Sophie and Katherine formed with each other from childhood. The Cupcake Diaries is a tribute to that bond, the memories they share, and the important lessons they learned, both about baking and about life. The book follows the sisters personal journey that started in their grandmothers kitchen years ago. They reveal secrets of their business success and include over thirty delicious recipes, including their bestselling Red Velvet cupcake and their grandmothers delicious Greek Easter bread. The Cupcake Diaries celebrates what it takesluck, courage, family support, and determinationto go from dreaming to doing.
About the Author
KATHERINE KALLINIS BERMAN and SOPHIE KALLINIS LAMONTAGNE are the bestselling authors of The Cupcake Diaries, stars of the TLC hit series DC Cupcakes, and owners of Georgetown Cupcake. Katherine and Sophie and their staff now bake over 20,000 cupcakes each day and ship their cupcakes all over the country. Their cupcakes have been featured in the New York Times, USA Today, People, InStyle, and Food & Wine and on The Today Show, The Oprah Winfrey Show, and The Martha Stewart Show.
Praise for The Cupcake Diaries: Recipes and Memories from the Sisters of Georgetown Cupcake…
“I can’t say enough good things about this cupcakery....These cupcakes beat Magnolia Bakery’s by miles and miles.”
-Frank Bruni, New York Times