- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Gaithersburg Book Festival
- Affiliated Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- Spring Classes
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Edith Wharton
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Building Character
- Crafting a Compelling Query: An Agent's Advice
- Deconstructing Children's Literature
- E.M. Forster: Aspects of the Novel and Howard’s End
- Faulkner and Woolf: Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde?
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Interpretations of Sherlock Holmes: Part I
- On the Dark Side: the First Arc of American Noir
- Paris: A Literary Sampler
- Picture Book Intensive: A Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Rock Creek Songbirds
- Spring Poetry Circle: Czeslaw Milosz & Tomas Transtromer
- The Tell-Tale Poe
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
When My Baby Dreams of Fairy Tales (Hardcover)
Not currently in the store – Usually ships in 1-5 days
Once upon a time,
Mila dreamed she was a princess dressed in pink . . .
or perhaps Goldilocks,
or even Little Red Riding Hood.
When Mila dreams, she dreams in fairy tales, and all her wishes come true.
This imaginative journey through the dreamscapes of a newborn is a story of faraway kingdoms, enchanted forests, and above all, the love between a mother and her daughter.
About the Author
When Adele Enersen's daughter, Mila, was born, Adele started a blog of whimsical baby photos to share with her friends and family. Very quickly that blog, milasdaydreams.blogspot.com, boomed into a destination for millions of admirers around the world and also became a book called When My Baby Dreams. A former copywriter and concept designer in advertising, Adele now spends her days photographing Mila and imagining new dreamscapes for her growing daughter.
Praise for When My Baby Dreams of Fairy Tales…
“The likes of the Grimms and Andersen meet Anne Geddes in this inventive, whimsical paean to fairy tales and babyhood …. A lovely traipse into the woods.”
Praise for WHEN MY BABY DREAMS: “Libraries that cater to the very youngest children and their parents will want to add this simple, lovely book to their collections.”
-School Library Journal
Praise for WHEN MY BABY DREAMS: “Artistic and whimsical.”
Praise for WHEN MY BABY DREAMS: “Enersen...pays affectionate tribute to Mila and suggests DIY ideas for other adoring parents.”