- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Gaithersburg Book Festival
- Affiliated Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- Spring Classes
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Edith Wharton
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Building Character
- Crafting a Compelling Query: An Agent's Advice
- Deconstructing Children's Literature
- E.M. Forster: Aspects of the Novel and Howard’s End
- Faulkner and Woolf: Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde?
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Interpretations of Sherlock Holmes: Part I
- On the Dark Side: the First Arc of American Noir
- Paris: A Literary Sampler
- Picture Book Intensive: A Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Rock Creek Songbirds
- Spring Poetry Circle: Czeslaw Milosz & Tomas Transtromer
- The Tell-Tale Poe
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
From the New York Times bestselling author comes a novel of suspense so terrifying it may make you afraid of the dark . . .
Allison Taylor MacKenna feels as though she's awakened at last from a ten-year-long nightmare. But her darkest hour has yet to come . . .
Nestled in the warm, domestic cocoon of loving husband and family, Allison finally feels safe—unaware that a stranger's brutal murder on a Caribbean island is the first step in an intricate plan to destroy everything in her life.
For seasoned NYPD Detective Rocky Manzillo, the signs are clear that something terrible has emerged from the shadows: a murder victim left without a face and a faded photograph that yields a startling connection.
Now, as Allison's murky memories of a troubled childhood creep back to light, a cunning predator who shares her history prepares to enact a horrifying retribution— and won't stop killing until Allison faces a shocking truth . . . and pays the ultimate price.
About the Author
USA Today and New York Times bestseller Wendy Corsi Staub is the award-winning author of more than seventy novels. She lives in the New York City suburbs with her husband of over twenty years and their two children.