- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Affiliated Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- Spring Classes
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Edith Wharton
- Bridging the Partisan Divide
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Building Character
- Crafting a Compelling Query: An Agent's Advice
- Deconstructing Children's Literature
- E.M. Forster: Aspects of the Novel and Howard’s End
- Faulkner and Woolf: Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde?
- How Fiction Works
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Interpretations of Sherlock Holmes: Part I
- On the Dark Side: the First Arc of American Noir
- Paris: A Literary Sampler
- Picture Book Intensive: A Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Rock Creek Songbirds
- Spring Poetry Circle: Czeslaw Milosz & Tomas Transtromer
- The Tell-Tale Poe
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Lyon's Bride: The Chattan Curse (Mass Market Paperback)
Not currently in the store – Usually ships in 1-5 days
"When a Chattan male falls in love, strike his heart with fire from above..."
They call him Lord Lyon, proud, determined and cursed. He is in need of a bride, but if he falls in love, he dies. His fervent hope is that by marrying and having a sonwithout love, perhaps he can break the curse's chains forever.
Enter beautiful Thea Martina duke's headstrong, errant daughter and society's most brilliant matchmaker. Years ago, she and Lyon were inseparable, until he disappeared from her life without a word. Now she is charged with finding Lyon's bridea woman he cannot love for a man Thea could love too well.
About the Author
Cathy Maxwell spends hours in front of her computer pondering the question, "Why do people fall in love?" It remains for her the great mystery of life and the secret to happiness.
She lives in beautiful Virginia with her children, horses, dogs, and cats.
Praise for Lyon's Bride: The Chattan Curse…
“His Christmas Pleasure may become one of my favorite [marriage of conveniece] stories”
-Lindlee, Smart Bitches Trashy Books
For a fun, well-written novel with a unique plot and endearing lead players, A SEDUCTION AT CHRISTMAS shouldn’t be missed.
-Romance Reviews Today
“... spirited and tender...a joyride that careens from adventure to adventure...”
“The first of the Chattan Curse series explores the power of love and second chances with deft prose and strong emotions. A consummate storyteller, Maxwell creates living, breathing characters who fight for love, freedom and independence with a passion modern readers can understand.”
-RT Book Reviews--4 stars