- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Gaithersburg Book Festival
- Affiliated Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- Spring Classes
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Edith Wharton
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Building Character
- Crafting a Compelling Query: An Agent's Advice
- Deconstructing Children's Literature
- E.M. Forster: Aspects of the Novel and Howard’s End
- Faulkner and Woolf: Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde?
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Interpretations of Sherlock Holmes: Part I
- On the Dark Side: the First Arc of American Noir
- Paris: A Literary Sampler
- Picture Book Intensive: A Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Rock Creek Songbirds
- Spring Poetry Circle: Czeslaw Milosz & Tomas Transtromer
- The Tell-Tale Poe
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
She should not exist.
He should not love her.
Claire Brennan has been attending Emerson Academy for two years now (the longest she and her mom have remained anywhere) and shes desperate to stay put for the rest of high school. So theres no way shes going to tell her mom about the psychic visions shes been having or the creepy warnings that shes in danger.
Alec MacKenzie is fed up with his duties to watch and, when necessary, eliminate the descendants of his angelic forefathers. He chose Emerson as the ideal hiding place where he could be normal for once. He hadnt factored Claire into his plans. . . .
Their love is forbidden, going against everything Alec has been taught to believe. But when the reason behind Claires unusual powers is revealed and the threat to her life becomes clear, how far will Alec go to protect her?
About the Author
Syrie James is the bestselling author of the critically acclaimed Nocturne; Dracula, My Love; The Secret Diaries of Charlotte Bronte (Great Group Read, Women's National Book Association; Audie Romance Award, 2011), and the international bestseller The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen (Best First Novel 2008, Library Journal.) Translation rights for Syrie's books have been sold in sixteen languages. An admitted Anglophile, Syrie loves paranormal romance and all things 19th century. She lives in Los Angeles and is a member of the Writer's Guild of America.
Praise for Forbidden…
“…quite effective paranormal suspense and intense–but–quixotic high–school romance.”
“Both main characters are well–drawn, with believable motivations and reactions to their situations.”
-School Library Journal
“Beautifully written. Romantic and filled with delicious tension. Forbidden enchants!”
-Sophie Jordan, author of FIRELIGHT
“Hits all the right notes…If you enjoy angels, ‘forbidden’ romance and dashing heroes, then this should be added to your TBR.”