- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Gaithersburg Book Festival
- Affiliated Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- Spring Classes
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Edith Wharton
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Building Character
- Crafting a Compelling Query: An Agent's Advice
- Deconstructing Children's Literature
- E.M. Forster: Aspects of the Novel and Howard’s End
- Faulkner and Woolf: Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde?
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Interpretations of Sherlock Holmes: Part I
- On the Dark Side: the First Arc of American Noir
- Paris: A Literary Sampler
- Picture Book Intensive: A Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Rock Creek Songbirds
- Spring Poetry Circle: Czeslaw Milosz & Tomas Transtromer
- The Tell-Tale Poe
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Give Us Liberty: A Tea Party Manifesto (Hardcover)
Not currently shipping from publisher – Subject to future availability
This groundbreaking manifesto is essential reading for tea party activistsor any American seeking to understand what the Tea Party is fighting for and what's next for the movement
Former House Majority Leader Dick Armey and Matt Kibbe have been on the front lines of one of the fastest-growing and most influential political phenomena in recent memory: the Tea Party movement. As the leaders of the advocacy organization FreedomWorks, they have helped guide and give voice to hundreds of thousands of activists from across the country and have a strong vision for the future of this powerful grassroots uprising.
United by a strong belief in limited government and individual liberty, Tea Party members are changing the American political landscape. Unlike mainstream media accounts that observe the Tea Party movement from the outside looking in, Give Us Liberty chronicles the roots and rise of a new breed of taxpayer activism in the voices of those who were there. Discover the personalities that drove the first meetings, the unknown candidates whose principled stand earned them unlikely victories, the march that gathered more than a million activists, and the bedrock beliefs that brought them together.
In this national call to action, Armey and Kibbe provide an intimate history of the movement, explain how citizens can join the cause, and chart the future of the Tea Partyand America. Give Us Liberty also contains a battle-tested, step-by-step guide to organizing and effecting change in any community.
About the Author
Dick Armey served in the House of Representatives for eighteen years, becoming Majority Leader in 1994. That year he was the main author of the Contract with America, which helped Republicans take control of the House for the first time in forty years. Today, he serves as chairman of FreedomWorks and leads the same political revolution at the grassroots level.
Praise for Give Us Liberty: A Tea Party Manifesto…
“My friends Dick Armey and Matt Kibbe uniquely understand what this movement is really all about, where it’s going, and why it’s happening now. Give Us Liberty is a detailed recounting of both the philosophical evolution and historical development of the Tea Party. . . . If you find inspiration in these pages, know this: You must get involved. The incredible burden of responsibility put upon future generations by our Founding Fathers ultimately rests on your shoulders.”