- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Offsite Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- Spring Classes
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Edith Wharton
- Bridging the Partisan Divide
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Building Character
- Crafting a Compelling Query: An Agent's Advice
- Deconstructing Children's Literature
- E.M. Forster: Aspects of the Novel and Howard’s End
- Faulkner and Woolf: Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde?
- How Fiction Works
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Interpretations of Sherlock Holmes: Part I
- On the Dark Side: the First Arc of American Noir
- Paris: A Literary Sampler
- Picture Book Intensive: A Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Rock Creek Songbirds
- Spring Poetry Circle: Czeslaw Milosz & Tomas Transtromer
- The Tell-Tale Poe
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Goddess: A Starcrossed Novel (Hardcover)
Not currently in the store – Usually ships in 1-5 days
International bestselling author Josephine Angelini concludes her action-packed Starcrossed trilogy with Goddess--a romantically-charged page-turner that Newsday raved was a "clever reworking of Greek mythology."
After Helen Hamilton accidentally unleashes the violent gods from their captivity on Olympus, she and her friends must imprison them before their thirst for war--and blood--take over the world. But the gods' fury already has a body count, and time is running out. With Lucas Delos's life hanging in the balance, and their once-solid group of friends now divided, Helen must face this battle alone, while also deciding who has her heart--Lucas, or the possible Tyrant, Orion.
With a masterfully-woven plot and epically-high stakes, the compelling twists and turns in Goddess will leave readers completely spellbound.
About the Author
Josephine Angelini is a Massachusetts native and the youngest of eight siblings. A real-live farmer's daughter, Josie graduated from New York University's Tisch School of the Arts in theater, with a focus on the classics. She now lives in Los Angeles with her screenwriter husband.
Praise for Goddess: A Starcrossed Novel…
Praise for STARCROSSED: “A gorgeous, haunting saga that completely swept me away.”
-Lauren Kate, New York Times
praise for STARCROSSED: “A supreme mix of mythology, brutal action and heart rending romance. The perfect summer read.”
praise for STARCROSSED: “One of the most cinematic books I’ve ever read. Dramatic and intense! I can’t tell you how many times I gasped while reading this book. Starcrossed plays out like a movie in your head.”
-Sophie Jordan, New York Times bestselling author of FIRELIGHT
praise for DREAMLESS: This fantastical dual-world page-turner introduces more abhorrent mythological creatures while reuniting readers with Helen’s supportive high-school friends, as well as the crazy Delos family, who anchor her between the real and mythological worlds.
praise for DREAMLESS: “A thrilling tale about love, friendship, family, and determination you won’t be able to resist!”
praise for DREAMLESS: “Compelling…Brutal…This romantic, action-packed tale will appeal to ‘Percy Jackson’ fans who are ready for more mature fare.”
-School Library Journal