- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Affiliated Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- Spring Classes
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Edith Wharton
- Bridging the Partisan Divide
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Building Character
- Crafting a Compelling Query: An Agent's Advice
- Deconstructing Children's Literature
- E.M. Forster: Aspects of the Novel and Howard’s End
- Faulkner and Woolf: Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde?
- How Fiction Works
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Interpretations of Sherlock Holmes: Part I
- On the Dark Side: the First Arc of American Noir
- Paris: A Literary Sampler
- Picture Book Intensive: A Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Rock Creek Songbirds
- Spring Poetry Circle: Czeslaw Milosz & Tomas Transtromer
- The Tell-Tale Poe
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
If Wishes Were Horses LP (Paperback)
Not currently shipping from publisher – Subject to future availability
In this unforgettable novel of love, hope, and second chances, a grieving man's personal plan for redemption is suddenly and unexpectedly turned upside down . . .
Devastated by the senseless deaths of his wife and son at the hands of a drunk driver, Wyatt Blaine remains unable to forgive or to love again. Searching for a sense of peace, he decides to revive his late wife's equine therapy program for troubled teens at the Blaine family ranch.
But then Wyatt's pastor asks for the impossiblefor Wyatt to meet with Gabby Powers, the widow of the man responsible for the accident, and accept her troubled son, Trevor, into the program. Wyatt reluctantly agrees.
To his great surprise, Wyatt finds himself drawn to Gabby. But to heal completely, Wyatt and Gabby must first overcome the common tragedy that separates them and learn the true nature of forgiveness. And only by conquering these seeming impossibilities might their hearts become free to love each other . . .
About the Author
Robert Barclay, author of If Wishes Were Horses, sold his successful consulting business and moved from upstate New York to south Florida, where he could devote his full attention to what he always wanted to do—write. He also enjoys weightlifting, Shotokan karate, and going to the beach to do absolutely nothing.
Praise for If Wishes Were Horses LP…
“I loved it. A great read myself and staff enjoyed very much, with wonderful characters and writing.”
-Earlene Scott, Scotts Bookstore Newnan, GA
[If Wishes Were Horses] will satisfy fans of sweet romances and tender family sagas… Mr. Barclay weaves a quiet tale about people with hearts of gold, each barely coping with inner demons or tragic circumstances, who learn that they need one another in order to find redemption.
-NY Journal of Books
“IF WISHES WERE HORSES is chock full of wonderful characters. The novel is a moving one, at turns poignant, sad, dramatic, amusing, and hopeful.”
-Romance Reviews Today
“A powerful story...You’ll rejoice in the triumphs experienced at a horse-therapy program for troubled teens and observe how results can best be achieved through actions.”
-PBG Lifestyle Magazine