- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Offsite Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- Spring Classes
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Edith Wharton
- Bridging the Partisan Divide
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Building Character
- Crafting a Compelling Query: An Agent's Advice
- Deconstructing Children's Literature
- E.M. Forster: Aspects of the Novel and Howard’s End
- Faulkner and Woolf: Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde?
- How Fiction Works
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Interpretations of Sherlock Holmes: Part I
- On the Dark Side: the First Arc of American Noir
- Paris: A Literary Sampler
- Picture Book Intensive: A Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Rock Creek Songbirds
- Spring Poetry Circle: Czeslaw Milosz & Tomas Transtromer
- The Tell-Tale Poe
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
I am not like Evie. I dont belong in some great romance. Im just the best friend in the background. Always there, always reliable, down-to-earth. Good old Sarah. Thats how its always been. Until now.
At Wyldcliffe Abbey School for Young Ladies, Sarah is the faithful friend to Evie and Helen, her sisters in the Mystic Way. But this term Sarah finds that their friendship is tested. Evie is turning her back on the Mystic Way after laying her beloved Sebastians soul to rest; Helen is distracted by her tormented relationship with her mother. Sarah struggles to keep the sisterhood together as the threat of attack looms from the dark coven and the Unconquered lords.
All that keeps Sarah going is her connection with her earth powers and a promise she cannot break. When she must step out of the shadows and fight the eternal darkness, will her sisters join her, or will help come from unexpected sources, like her Romany ancestors and a love shed only just dared hope for?
In this companion to the dazzling Immortal and heart-stopping Betrayal, the suspense and magic are as strong as stone and as deep as the earth.
About the Author
Gillian Shields is the author of Immortal, Betrayal, and Eternal, the first books about the sisterhood of the Mystic Way, as well as many other books for young readers. She spent her childhood roaming over the Yorkshire moors and dreaming of the BrontË sisters. After studying in Cambridge, London, and Paris, she became a teacher. She has taught in a girls' boarding school and also in a drama school where it was rumored that the ghost of a young girl could be heard crying in the night. Gillian was inspired to write this series in celebration of the power of first love, the strength of female friendship, and the haunting mystery of the past.