- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Gaithersburg Book Festival
- Affiliated Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- Spring Classes
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Edith Wharton
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Building Character
- Crafting a Compelling Query: An Agent's Advice
- Deconstructing Children's Literature
- E.M. Forster: Aspects of the Novel and Howard’s End
- Faulkner and Woolf: Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde?
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Interpretations of Sherlock Holmes: Part I
- On the Dark Side: the First Arc of American Noir
- Paris: A Literary Sampler
- Picture Book Intensive: A Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Rock Creek Songbirds
- Spring Poetry Circle: Czeslaw Milosz & Tomas Transtromer
- The Tell-Tale Poe
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
To Have and to Kill (Mass Market Paperback)
Not currently in the store – Usually ships in 1-5 days
Piper Donovan never imagined decorating wedding cakes could be so dangerous!
A struggling actress with no immediate prospects and a recently broken engagement, Piper needs to take stock of her lifeso she moves back home with her parents in New Jersey and steps tentatively into the family bakery business. Soon, shes creating a wedding cake for a friend, the star of a daytime television drama. But someone is ruthlessly determined that this wedding will never happen.
It begins with the horrific murder of the bride-to-bes co-starbut a psychopathic wedding-crasher isnt about to stop there. Before Piper knows it, shes joining forces with FBI agent Jack Lombardia handsome neighbor with a soft spot for the inquisitive cake-makerto sift through the suspects and find a killer. But Pipers about to discover that it may be a lot hotter in the kitchen than shes able to handle . . .
Suspense. Romance. Family. Cake.
There is something for every reader in To Have and to Kill.
About the Author
Mary Jane Clark worked at CBS News for nearly three decades. Her twelve KEY News media thrillers were inspired by that experience. Envisioning the Piper Donovan/wedding-cake mystery series, Mary Jane enrolled in cake-decorating classes and researched unique wedding locations. The daughter of an FBI agent and a mother who customized cakes for the neighborhood kids when she was growing up, Mary Jane has two grown children and splits her time between New Jersey and Florida. Currently, she is concocting her next novel.
Praise for To Have and to Kill…
“She understands how to hang on to her audience. Her characters are the sorts with whom many readers identify.”
The number of characters with motive for murder keeps you guessing,and the action-packed short chapters keep the story moving. You’ll also learn a little about cake decorating, and there’s a sweet surprise at the end.