- Multimedia Archive
- Classes & Trips
- Book Groups
- Supported Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Writing Workshops
- Be Your Own Editor: How to Edit Your Own Work
- Grab the Reader at Go
- In the Beginning: Get Your Manuscript Off to a Great Start! A
- In the Beginning: Get Your Manuscript Off to a Great Start! B
- Memoir Writing: Possible Moral, Ethical & Legal Issues
- Mixed Level Memoir Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing
- Writing for Middle Grade & Young Adult
- Politics & Place
- Close Reads: Classics & Contemporary
- Fiction & Form
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- District Lines
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
The Guidebook: The NRSV Student Bible (Hardcover)
Not currently in the store – Usually ships in 1-5 days
This book will take you deeper
The Guidebook is meant for you: students who want to know what's really in the Bible and how to live it out. No spoon-fed or superficial answers here. Instead, The Guidebook is packed with only the most relevant features to address the real questions you have, honestly and head-on. Whether you're searching for answers, a follower of Jesus, or somewhere in between, this Bible will help you find your place in the story of God—a story that changes everything.
The Guidebook includes over 700 articles to help you:
Study it. Background information on people, traditions, and cultures puts difficult passages in context, making scripture easier to understand.
Connect it. True stories of people and organizations engaged in the fight against injustice illustrate how the Bible's message is changing the world.
Pray it. Helpful tips on how to use the Bible for prayer will jump-start your conversation with God.
Live it. Apply God's word to real-life situations with personal reflection questions and practical exercises.
You'll find a full menu of tips, facts, and suggestions including:
- Introductions to all the books of the Bible and each major section of scripture
- A timeline and overview of biblical history
- Guidance for memorizing and interpreting scripture
- Indexes for referencing important people, events, Jesus' teachings, and life issues
- A glossary of terms and concordance for finding key verses
- Charts and full-color maps
The New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) has been selected as the official translation for more denominations than any other translation. Trustworthy, readable, and ecumenical, the NRSV is the Bible for everyone.