- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Affiliated Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- Spring Classes
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Edith Wharton
- Bridging the Partisan Divide
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Building Character
- Crafting a Compelling Query: An Agent's Advice
- Deconstructing Children's Literature
- E.M. Forster: Aspects of the Novel and Howard’s End
- Faulkner and Woolf: Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde?
- How Fiction Works
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Interpretations of Sherlock Holmes: Part I
- On the Dark Side: the First Arc of American Noir
- Paris: A Literary Sampler
- Picture Book Intensive: A Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Rock Creek Songbirds
- Spring Poetry Circle: Czeslaw Milosz & Tomas Transtromer
- The Tell-Tale Poe
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Splat the Cat: Splat the Cat Sings Flat (Hardcover)
Not currently in the store – Usually ships in 1-5 days
When Splat's teacher announces that the whole class is going to sing for their parents on Parents' Night, Splat is worried: he's afraid to speak in public, much less sing in public!
In fact, he's so nervous he can't even manage a simple "meow." What will it take for Splat to overcome his stage fright and make his parents proud?
Splat the Cat Sings Flat, Splat's I Can Read debut, captures the experience of facing one's fears with warmth and humor. Young readers will beg for an encore!
About the Author
Bestselling author and artist Rob Scotton is the creator of both Russell the Sheep and Splat the Cat, a picture book series inspired by the big black cat that lived next door. He lives in Rutland, England, with his wife, Liz, who is also an artist.