- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Offsite Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- "What's Love Got To Do With It?": A History of Marriage
- Arthurian Women
- Bridging the Partisan Divide
- Cloaked Trajectory: Tracking the Modern Spy Novel
- Edith Wharton
- Expatriate Literature: Americans Abroad
- From Main Street to Lake Wobegon: Sinclair Lewis, Garrison Keillor, and Life in Small Town America
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Inside The Best American Poetry 2013
- Knitting the New Lace
- Make Your Own Passover Haggadah with DipTwice
- Master Class: Memoir Manuscript Workshop
- Memoir Writing Workshop (Mixed Level)
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Ralph Ellison: Invisible & Visible
- Shakespeare in Washington: Richard III and Henry IV, Part 1
- Text and Performance: Three Contemporary Plays
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Workshop with NYT bestselling author Cara Black: We'll Always Have Paris...: Constructing an International Setting
- Writing and Rewriting Huck
- Winter Classes
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Until the day I met John Smith, Number Four, I'd been on the run alone, hiding and fighting to stay alive.
Together, we are much more powerful. But it could only last so long before we had to separate to find the others. . . .
I went to Spain to find Seven, and I found even more, including a tenth member of the Garde who escaped from Lorien alive. Ella is younger than the rest of us, but just as brave. Now we're looking for the others—including John.
But so are they.
They caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
They caught me in New York—but I escaped.
I am Number Six.
They want to finish what they started.
But they'll have to fight us first.
About the Author
Pittacus Lore is Lorien's ruling Elder. He has been on Earth preparing for the war that will decide Earth's fate. His whereabouts are unknown.
Praise for The Rise of Nine…
PRAISE FOR THE I AM NUMBER FOUR SERIES:“Number Four is a hero for this generation.”
-Michael Bay, director of Transformers
“A breathless page-turner of a sci-fi novel that will have readers rooting for the teen alien who must save himself, his human friends, and the planet. So, gear-up sci-fi fans, the battle for Earth is on and there’s a new kid in town!”
-Amazon.com, Best Book of the Month Review
“There’s genuine suspense…it’s easy to get lost in the world of the sweet teen from another planet.”
-The Horn Book
“This is a can’t-put-it-down book.”
“The action is taut, the characters are fascinating, and the fact that the teens are slowly finding one another and learning about Lorien secrets is sure to yield an impressive all-out battle down the road. This series continues to head in interesting directions.”
-Bulletin of the Center for Children’s Books
“Lore picks up and expands on a strong premise that originated in the first novel. An intriguing potential romantic triangle brewing between John, Six, and Sam adds layers as they search for answers.”
-Voice of Youth Advocates (VOYA)