- Multimedia Archive
- Classes & Trips
- Book Groups
- Supported Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Writing Workshops
- Be Your Own Editor: How to Edit Your Own Work
- Grab the Reader at Go
- In the Beginning: Get Your Manuscript Off to a Great Start! A
- In the Beginning: Get Your Manuscript Off to a Great Start! B
- Memoir Writing: Possible Moral, Ethical & Legal Issues
- Mixed Level Memoir Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing
- Writing for Middle Grade & Young Adult
- Politics & Place
- Close Reads: Classics & Contemporary
- Fiction & Form
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- District Lines
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
True: Delly Pattison likes surpresents (presents that are a surprise). The day the Boyds come to town, Delly's sure a special surpresent is on its way. But lately, everything that she thinks will be good and fun turns into trouble. She's never needed a surpresent more than now.
True: Brud Kinney wants to play basketball like nothing anybody's ever seen. When the Boyds arrive, though, Brud meets someone who plays like nothing he's ever seen.
True: Ferris Boyd isn't like anyone Delly or Brud have ever met. Ferris is a real mysturiosity (an extremely curious mystery).
True: Katherine Hannigan's first novel since her acclaimed Ida B is a compelling look at the ways friendships and truths are discovered.
It's all true ( . . . sort of).
About the Author
Katherine Hannigan's first novel, Ida B . . . and Her Plans to Maximize Fun, Avoid Disaster, and (Possibly) Save the World was a New York Times bestseller, a Book Sense bestseller, and a Parents' Choice Gold Award winner. She lives in northeastern Iowa.