- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Gaithersburg Book Festival
- Affiliated Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- Spring Classes
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Edith Wharton
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Building Character
- Crafting a Compelling Query: An Agent's Advice
- Deconstructing Children's Literature
- E.M. Forster: Aspects of the Novel and Howard’s End
- Faulkner and Woolf: Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde?
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Interpretations of Sherlock Holmes: Part I
- On the Dark Side: the First Arc of American Noir
- Paris: A Literary Sampler
- Picture Book Intensive: A Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Rock Creek Songbirds
- Spring Poetry Circle: Czeslaw Milosz & Tomas Transtromer
- The Tell-Tale Poe
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
The New Road to Serfdom: A Letter of Warning to America (Paperback)
Not currently in the store – Usually ships in 1-5 days
A thoughtful and articulate spokesman for conservative ideas, Daniel Hannan, a conservative British MEP, is better versed in Americas traditions and founding documents than are many Americans. In The New Road to Serfdom, Hannan argues forcefully and passionately that Americans must not allow Barack Obama to take us down the road to European Unionstyle social democracy. He pleads with Americans not to abandon the founding principles that have made our country a beacon of liberty for the rest of the world. In this updated edition, Hannan explores Barack Obamas attitude toward Britain and offers an insightful analysis of what it reveals about Obamas perception of our country, our Constitution, and our exceptionalism.
About the Author
Daniel Hannan is a writer and a politician. He contributes to several newspapers, including the Wall Street Journal and the London Daily Telegraph. A former president of the Oxford University Conservative Association, he was elected to the European Parliament in 1999, at the age of twenty-seven, and has been reelected twice.
Praise for The New Road to Serfdom: A Letter of Warning to America…
Daniel Hannan...spells out the dangers, brilliantly summarizes the state of play, and showsexactly why the American Constitution both deserves and needs protection from the newruling class.
“Conservatives, libertarians, independents, progressives and just about anyone canfind something to like in The New Road to Serfdom.”
Cleverly written, witty, and worldly...a must read for anyone in the Tea Party movement or with an interest in American politics.