- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Offsite Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- "What's Love Got To Do With It?": A History of Marriage
- Arthurian Women
- Bridging the Partisan Divide
- Cloaked Trajectory: Tracking the Modern Spy Novel
- Edith Wharton
- Expatriate Literature: Americans Abroad
- From Main Street to Lake Wobegon: Sinclair Lewis, Garrison Keillor, and Life in Small Town America
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Inside The Best American Poetry 2013
- Knitting the New Lace
- Make Your Own Passover Haggadah with DipTwice
- Master Class: Memoir Manuscript Workshop
- Memoir Writing Workshop (Mixed Level)
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Ralph Ellison: Invisible & Visible
- Shakespeare in Washington: Richard III and Henry IV, Part 1
- Text and Performance: Three Contemporary Plays
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Workshop with NYT bestselling author Cara Black: We'll Always Have Paris...: Constructing an International Setting
- Writing and Rewriting Huck
- Winter Classes
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
New York Times bestselling author Phillip Margolin returns to the corridors of power in Washington, D.C., with an exciting thriller about a ghost ship and the President's nominee to the U.S. Supreme Court.
Sarah Woodruff, on death row in Oregon for murdering her lover, John Finley, has appealed her case to the Supreme Court just when a prominent justice resigns, leaving a vacancy.
Then, for no apparent reason, another justice is mysteriously attacked. Dana Cutlerone of the heroes from Margolin's bestselling Executive Privilegeis quietly called in to investigate. She looks for links between the Woodruff appeal and the ominous incidents in the justices' chambers, which eventually lead her to a shoot-out that took place years ago on a small freighter docked upriver in Shelby, Oregon, containing a dead crew and illegal drugs. The only survivor on board? John Finley.
With the help of Brad Miller and Keith Evans, Dana uncovers a plot by a rogue element in the American intelligence community involving the president's nominee to the Supreme Court, and soon the trio is thrown back into the grips of a deadly, executive danger.
With nonstop action, Supreme Justice picks up where Executive Privilege left off, putting readers right back where they wereon the edge of their seats.
About the Author
Phillip Margolin has written sixteen New York Times bestsellers, including his latest novels, Supreme Justice and Fugitive. Each displays a unique, compelling insider’s view of criminal behavior, which comes from his long background as a criminal defense attorney who has handled thirty murder cases. Winner of the Distinguished Northwest Writer Award, Margolin lives in Portland, Oregon.
Praise for Supreme Justice: A Novel of Suspense…
“Entertaining. . . . Thriller fans who like to see the villains receive their just rewards and the good guys come to no harm will find this a comforting read.”
“[An] intriguing glimpse into the inner workings of the court. As always with Margolin, roller-coaster plot propels the action along, with plenty of twists and turns to keep things interesting.”
-The Portland Oregonian
“Margolin’s latest is a fast-paced yarn connecting a Supreme Court vacancy, a death row inmate, an ex-CIA chief and an attack on another Justice.”
-New York Post, Required Reading
“Get ready for a page-turning thriller. . . . [It] will keep you guessing until the last page.”
“A good old fashioned political thriller. . . . Supreme Justice is a simple pleasure. . . . An exciting and enjoyable mystery.”
“Margolin creates a tangled plot. . . . The ending was deliciously devious.”
“A wry twist ending . . . puts a legal cherry on top of this satisfying gulp of Supreme Justice.”
“Margolin has come up with a winning recipe for success: by combining his legal expertise and experience with attention-grabbing characters and surprising storylines, he’s assured himself a secure spot in a genre known for keeping people guessing.”
“Action speeds along through 65 fast-paced chapters with more bodies along the way. . . . But don’t think you can solve this one on your own. Just when you think it’s wrapping up, there is another surprise.”