- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Offsite Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- "What's Love Got To Do With It?": A History of Marriage
- Arthurian Women
- Bridging the Partisan Divide
- Cloaked Trajectory: Tracking the Modern Spy Novel
- Edith Wharton
- Expatriate Literature: Americans Abroad
- From Main Street to Lake Wobegon: Sinclair Lewis, Garrison Keillor, and Life in Small Town America
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Inside The Best American Poetry 2013
- Knitting the New Lace
- Make Your Own Passover Haggadah with DipTwice
- Master Class: Memoir Manuscript Workshop
- Memoir Writing Workshop (Mixed Level)
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Ralph Ellison: Invisible & Visible
- Shakespeare in Washington: Richard III and Henry IV, Part 1
- Text and Performance: Three Contemporary Plays
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Workshop with NYT bestselling author Cara Black: We'll Always Have Paris...: Constructing an International Setting
- Writing and Rewriting Huck
- Winter Classes
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Pink Ribbon Bible NRSV, The (Italian Leath, Pink): A Go-Anywhere Limited Edition (Hardcover)
Not currently in the store – Usually ships in 1-5 days
Breast cancer has a new face: women under the age of 40. More than 11,000 young women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in the next year, while more than 250,000 American women under the age of 40 are already living with this disease. Young women are unaware that they are at risk for breast cancer, and those that have been diagnosed often feel isolated and alone.
THE PINK RIBBON BIBLE will raise awareness of and funds for breast cancer among young women. $1.00 of the proceeds from each consumer purchase will go to support Pink Ribbon Girls, a nonprofit organization that connects young breast cancer survivors, as well as provides support, education, and awareness for early detection to help young women live beyond breast cancer. A blow-in insert will include a special message from Tracie Metzger, co-founder of Pink Ribbon Girls and spokesperson for this product.
Tracie Metzger was 30 years old when she was diagnosed and had two children ages three and eleven months. In the midst of six months of chemotherapy and a double mastectomy with reconstruction, Tracie went into menopause for a year at age 31. Not long after that, Tracie came out of menopause and was blessed with a daughter whom she named Hope, after all that she′d been through, followed by a son 16 months later.
Pink Ribbon Girls was founded in October 2001 when Tracie Metzger and Dawn Harvey realized there was no specific group for young women dealing with breast cancer. Through this nonprofit, nationwide organization (with members in 44 states), young women are offered education and awareness for early detection, support, and an outlet to express fears. The topics of discussion at group meetings include, dating, caring for young children while undergoing treatment and fitness and nutrition. Pink Ribbon Girls has a national, searchable database, providing a way for them to connect with other young women with similar demographics and life circumstances.
As the spokesperson for THE PINK RIBBON BIBLE , Tracie also spends her time focusing on educating the public and raising awareness about young women with breast cancer through public speaking.
This limited edition NRSV Go-Anywhere ™ Compact Thinline Bible is the most portable edition of the NRSV available today. At less than one inch thick, this compact edition combines the portability you′d expect in a compact Bible with the readability of a larger Bible. Perfect for personal use or to encourage someone who has been affected by breast cancer.