- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Offsite Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- "What's Love Got To Do With It?": A History of Marriage
- Arthurian Women
- Bridging the Partisan Divide
- Cloaked Trajectory: Tracking the Modern Spy Novel
- Edith Wharton
- Expatriate Literature: Americans Abroad
- From Main Street to Lake Wobegon: Sinclair Lewis, Garrison Keillor, and Life in Small Town America
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Inside The Best American Poetry 2013
- Knitting the New Lace
- Make Your Own Passover Haggadah with DipTwice
- Master Class: Memoir Manuscript Workshop
- Memoir Writing Workshop (Mixed Level)
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Ralph Ellison: Invisible & Visible
- Shakespeare in Washington: Richard III and Henry IV, Part 1
- Text and Performance: Three Contemporary Plays
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Workshop with NYT bestselling author Cara Black: We'll Always Have Paris...: Constructing an International Setting
- Writing and Rewriting Huck
- Winter Classes
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Fierce Medicine: Breakthrough Practices to Heal the Body and Ignite the Spirit (Paperback)
Not currently in the store – Usually ships in 1-5 days
As the creator of Forrest Yoga , Ana T. Forrest has been transforming peoples lives throughout the world for more than thirty-five years. Her unique blend of physical practice, Eastern wisdom, and profound Native American ceremony takes her teachings literally off the mat and into daily lifeto heal everything from addictive behaviors and eating disorders to chronic pain and injury. In Fierce Medicine, Forrest tells her own story of healing from the scars of abuse and physical handicaps, and reveals the proven practices that enabled her to move beyond her past into a life committed to helping others reconnect with their bodies, cultivate balance, and start living in harmony with their Spirits.
In her unique, powerful, and inviting voice, Ana Forrest reveals how to:
Learn to stalk fear and break free from it instead of running from it.
Be attentive to your body, discovering its own inherent healing properties.
Speak and act from a place of honesty and compassion.
Cultivate an open heart that is feeling, responsive, and reflexive and able to embrace change.
Harness your intuition and the courage to live in alignment with your Spirit.
Whether youve never done yoga or are a seasoned practitioner, Ana Forrests practices, stories, and exercises will help you uncover your own warriors heart. With this wise woman as your trusted guide, you, too, can become centered, strong, and more alive than ever before.
About the Author
Ana T. Forrest is an internationally recognized pioneer in yoga and emotional healing. The creator of Forrest Yogaa unique fusion of traditional yoga, new poses and sequences created by the author, Eastern wisdom, and Native American medicineshe is a contributing expert to Yoga Journal and other leading Asian and European wellness publications. Forrest teaches worldwide at yoga conferences, workshops, retreats, and teacher trainings. She lives on Orcas Island, Washington.
Praise for Fierce Medicine: Breakthrough Practices to Heal the Body and Ignite the Spirit…
“As a teacher, this is a book that I would certainly share with my students, but as a student myself, there is much in this book that will aid in my own growth and for that I am grateful. I highly recommend this book to all seekers on the path.”
-Seane Corn, internationally acclaimed yoga teacher and founder of “Off the Mat, Into the World”
“One of the most compelling, inspiring, and eloquent stories you will ever read. I absolutely could not put it down and I’m thrilled for all the other readers who will be captivated by Ana’s storytelling and wisdom.”
-Martha Beck, bestselling author of Finding Your Own North Star
“Fierce Medicine is a journey from the wounded to the healed soul using the grace and elegance of yoga as a guide. Ana Forrest has given us all the best of herself in this book.”
-Caroline Myss, author of Anatomy of the Spirit and Defying Gravity
“Fierce Medicine is classic Ana Forrest: straight ahead life tales from one of the meteors of the modern yoga movement...laced with the intense focus of a Tiger seeking the freedom of the heart.”
-John Friend, Founder of Anusara yoga