- Multimedia Archive
- Classes & Trips
- Book Groups
- Supported Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Writing Workshops
- Be Your Own Editor: How to Edit Your Own Work
- Grab the Reader at Go
- In the Beginning: Get Your Manuscript Off to a Great Start! A
- In the Beginning: Get Your Manuscript Off to a Great Start! B
- Memoir Writing: Possible Moral, Ethical & Legal Issues
- Mixed Level Memoir Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing
- Writing for Middle Grade & Young Adult
- Politics & Place
- Close Reads: Classics & Contemporary
- Fiction & Form
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- District Lines
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Next Time You See Me (Mass Market Paperback)
Not currently in the store – Usually ships in 1-5 days
Karin Schaeffer thought she had already defeated evil. But there was more.
Three years ago, Detective Karin Schaeffer wanted to die when a madman murdered her familyand she would have if her partner, Mac MacLeary, hadn't pulled her back from the edge of the abyss. Now they are married, with a toddler son, and Karin is learning to live again.
Then Mac's parents are slain in a brutal home invasion . . . And Mac vanishes . . . And a new nightmare begins.
Karin is determined to do whatever it takes to find her husband. But the answers waiting for her in the shadows are almost as unbelievable as his disappearance. Karin pursues the truthleading her away from her home in Brooklyn to the terrifying heart of the Mexican drug wars to Cape Cod in winteras dark secrets about the man she loves are revealed. . . .
About the Author
Born in France to American parents, Katia Lief moved to the United States as a baby and was raised in Massachusetts and New York. She teaches fiction writing as a part-time faculty member at the New School in Manhattan and lives in Brooklyn with her husband, two children, two cats, and several fish.