- Multimedia Archive
- Classes & Trips
- Book Groups
- Supported Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Writing Workshops
- Be Your Own Editor: How to Edit Your Own Work
- Grab the Reader at Go
- In the Beginning: Get Your Manuscript Off to a Great Start! A
- In the Beginning: Get Your Manuscript Off to a Great Start! B
- Memoir Writing: Possible Moral, Ethical & Legal Issues
- Mixed Level Memoir Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing
- Writing for Middle Grade & Young Adult
- Politics & Place
- Close Reads: Classics & Contemporary
- Fiction & Form
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- District Lines
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
How do you control your greed, still get what you want, and spread the cheer? Get ready. Santa's almost here!
Ten-year-old Alec Greven is the boy to turn to for advice about the jolly guy in the red suit. He knows it's easy to go wild when Santa is on his way and explains how to avoid Santa-trouble. But there's more to Christmas than want, want, want, and Alec reminds us of the greater meaning—giving to others and spreading joy!
- There is a 99.999999999% chance that you will never catch Santa. My advice is: Don't risk it!
- Don't whine now—whine later. December 26 is National Whiners' Day.
- You can be 100 and still believe.
About the Author
Alec Greven has appeared on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, the Today show, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, The Early Show, Good Morning America, and CNN. Alec is the author of the New York Times bestselling How to Talk to Girls, How to Talk to Moms, How to Talk to Dads, and How to Talk to Santa. Alec lives in Castle Rock, Colorado, with his family.