- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Offsite Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- "What's Love Got To Do With It?": A History of Marriage
- Arthurian Women
- Bridging the Partisan Divide
- Cloaked Trajectory: Tracking the Modern Spy Novel
- Edith Wharton
- Expatriate Literature: Americans Abroad
- From Main Street to Lake Wobegon: Sinclair Lewis, Garrison Keillor, and Life in Small Town America
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Inside The Best American Poetry 2013
- Knitting the New Lace
- Make Your Own Passover Haggadah with DipTwice
- Master Class: Memoir Manuscript Workshop
- Memoir Writing Workshop (Mixed Level)
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Ralph Ellison: Invisible & Visible
- Shakespeare in Washington: Richard III and Henry IV, Part 1
- Text and Performance: Three Contemporary Plays
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Workshop with NYT bestselling author Cara Black: We'll Always Have Paris...: Constructing an International Setting
- Writing and Rewriting Huck
- Winter Classes
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
The Seduction of Scandal (Mass Market Paperback)
Not currently in the store – Usually ships in 1-5 days
Its never wise to blackmail a highwayman.
Lady Corinne, rebellious daughter of the duke of Banfield, refuses to marry Lord Freddie Sherwin. Yes, hes the catch of the Season and the man her father chose for her. Hes also the most despicable male of her acquaintance. With her wedding only weeks away, she flees and finds herself a prisoner of the notorious Thorn!
Who says the devil isnt a woman?
The rich and powerful tremble at the highwaymans name, while Englands villagers rejoice in his bold exploits. His identity is a secret; his life a mystery until Lady Corinne tumbles into his arms. If the Thorn wants her silence, he must hide her until her wedding day passes. Its a devils bargain and one that can only lead to a hangmans noose.
Corinne believes it the perfect planuntil her highwayman reveals a passionate lovers heart, and she realizes that in the seduction of scandal, she may have found the hero shes been waiting for her whole life.
A portion of the proceeds from the sale of this book and others (up to $25,000) will be donated to the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance.
About the Author
Cathy Maxwell spends hours in front of her computer pondering the question, "Why do people fall in love?" It remains for her the great mystery of life and the secret to happiness.
She lives in beautiful Virginia with her children, horses, dogs, and cats.
Praise for The Seduction of Scandal…
“Maxwell charms and delights with each book. Here she brings a delectable highwayman, pulse-pounding adventure and plenty of suspense to this Robin Hood-themed tale that will sweep readers away.”
-RT Book Reviews
“Intriguing… an entertaining read that helps steal away the afternoon.”
-Night Owl Romance
“Entertaining… Cathy Maxwell wraps up her fabulous Scandals and Seductions series with this buoyant fifth installment… wonderful protagonists… Ms. Maxwell had my undivided attention… [she] also managed to have me on the edge of my seat… a heck of a climax…I’ve come to love this charming series.”
“A thrilling tale complete with secret identities and runaway brides, a notorious English highwayman and dangerous intrigues…and, of course, wildly passionate love! This is romance, adventure, sensuality, and wit blended to perfection.”
-DFW Tea Readers
“THE SEDUCTION OF SCANDAL has a promising start, and the delightful heroine drew me in to the story… Cathy Maxwell managed to surprise me with a neat twist… something I didn’t see coming… enjoyable.”
-The Romance Review
“Fresh characters, incredible twists, and fascinating turns readers do not expect… [it] adds in a few feisty women, some heart wrenching moments of sadness, startling revelations…”
-Café Libri: Reviewing Books and More
“Enjoyable…fun…[a] strong quirky support cast… the lead couple is a nice pairing of an unlikely duo falling in love.”
-Genre Go Round Reviews
“Twists and turns in the plot take the reader on a rollercoaster ride that…swoops up to a breathtaking climax… an undercurrent of humor… compelling… [Maxwell’s] skill depicting the emerging of gentle, pure love that trusts and gives without reserve captivates… touches the heart.”
-Long and Short of It Reviews
“Maxwell’s latest is more than a captivating romance.”