- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Affiliated Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- Spring Classes
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Edith Wharton
- Bridging the Partisan Divide
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Building Character
- Crafting a Compelling Query: An Agent's Advice
- Deconstructing Children's Literature
- E.M. Forster: Aspects of the Novel and Howard’s End
- Faulkner and Woolf: Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde?
- How Fiction Works
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Interpretations of Sherlock Holmes: Part I
- On the Dark Side: the First Arc of American Noir
- Paris: A Literary Sampler
- Picture Book Intensive: A Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Rock Creek Songbirds
- Spring Poetry Circle: Czeslaw Milosz & Tomas Transtromer
- The Tell-Tale Poe
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Louder Than Words: Take Your Career from Average to Exceptional with the Hidden Power of Nonverbal Intelligence (Hardcover)
Not currently in the store – Usually ships in 1-5 days
International bestselling author and behavior expert Joe Navarro helps you successfully navigate the business world by understanding what your boss and coworkers are really thinking.
Why is it that some people have all the elements of successeducation, skills, integrity, motivationbut can't seem to move from effectiveness to excellence in their careers? Behavior expert Joe Navarro reveals the long-sought answer. Louder Than Words teaches how to master nonverbal intelligence, the ability to interpret and use nonverbal signalsin poker terms, "tells"in business to assess and influence others.
Drawing on his decades in the behavioral sciences, Navarro shows how to use his simple yet powerful "comfort/discomfort" model to decode what's really being said at meetings, interviews, negotiations, presentations, business meals, and more, including the casual exchanges that often impact decisions and reputations.
Jump-start your career as you discover how to:
- Read body language to understand what clients, coworkers, interviewers, or interviewees are thinking, feeling, or intending, and discern nonverbal cues of concern, disagreement, or doubteven over the phone
Use Louder Than Words to close the deal, keep your customers, secure new ones, and lead your company with confidence. For job seekers looking to stand out from the pack, this book is your get-back-to-work bible.
About the Author
Joe Navarro was a career FBI agent specializing in nonverbal communications and is now a lecturer and consultant for major companies worldwide. He has appeared on Hardball with Chris Matthews, the Today show, the CBS Early Show, CNN, Fox News, and other major media. He lives in Tampa, Florida.
Praise for Louder Than Words: Take Your Career from Average to Exceptional with the Hidden Power of Nonverbal Intelligence…
“Louder Than Words takes us from an understanding of nonverbal behavior to an understanding of something far more valuable for success—nonverbal intelligence.”
-Robert B. Cialdini, author of Influence: Science and Practice, www.influenceatwork.com
“Joe Navarro brings together the art and science of nonverbal communications for the business sector with the edge of a former FBI agent and the insight of a world-class observer.”
-Jack Canfield, co-author of The Success Principles
“Joe Navarro has spent his professional life studying nonverbal language, and testing those insights in high-stakes environments. We are fortunate that he is willing to share those insights in this marvelous book. It is a must read for anyone in business (and anyone not in business).”
-Brian J. Hall, Albert H. Gordon Professor of Business Administration, Harvard Business School
“Louder Than Words is proof once again that in reading nonverbals, Joe Navarro is a master.”
-David Givens, Ph.D., author of Crime Signals and Love Signals