- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Offsite Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- "What's Love Got To Do With It?": A History of Marriage
- Arthurian Women
- Bridging the Partisan Divide
- Cloaked Trajectory: Tracking the Modern Spy Novel
- Edith Wharton
- Expatriate Literature: Americans Abroad
- From Main Street to Lake Wobegon: Sinclair Lewis, Garrison Keillor, and Life in Small Town America
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Inside The Best American Poetry 2013
- Knitting the New Lace
- Make Your Own Passover Haggadah with DipTwice
- Master Class: Memoir Manuscript Workshop
- Memoir Writing Workshop (Mixed Level)
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Ralph Ellison: Invisible & Visible
- Shakespeare in Washington: Richard III and Henry IV, Part 1
- Text and Performance: Three Contemporary Plays
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Workshop with NYT bestselling author Cara Black: We'll Always Have Paris...: Constructing an International Setting
- Writing and Rewriting Huck
- Winter Classes
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Meet three women who aren't about to run and hide just because the world says they should be on the shelf and out of circulation.
Her life seems perfect until she loses her high-powered advertising job and catches her live-in lover in a compromising positionwith his computer!
This sexy TV news anchor is in danger of being replaced by a twentysomething blond bimbo. Wasn't it just yesterday that she was the up-and-coming star?
A married dermatologist, Elise thinks her plastic surgeon husband is playing doctor with someone else.
Kat firmly believes that aging gracefully isn't about giving up; it's about living life with your engine on overdrive. So this unofficial "Cougar Club" quickly learns three things about survival of the fittest in today's youth-obsessed society: True friendship never dies, the only way to live is real, and you're never too old to follow your heart.
About the Author
Susan McBride is the author of women's fiction, including The Truth About Love and Lightning, Little Black Dress, and The Cougar Club, as well as the award-winning Debutante Dropout mysteries. She calls herself an "accidental cougar" after meeting a man nine years younger in 2005, when she was a St. Louis Magazine Top Single. They were married in February 2008 and live happily ever after in a suburb of St. Louis. She is a five-year breast cancer survivor and often speaks to women's groups about her experience. In January 2012, she was named one of St. Louis's Most Dynamic People of the Year by the Ladue News. In April 2012, she was given the Survivor of the Year Award by the St. Louis affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure. She and her husband have just welcomed their first child. As Susan likes to say, "Life is never boring."
Praise for The Cougar Club…
“Funny and irreverent. Fans of SEX & THE CITY and FIRST WIVES CLUB will love this new take on gals and guys and games lovers play.”
-USA Today bestselling author Pamela Morsi
“Susan McBride delivers her trademark “can’t put it down” storytelling with style, sex, and humor. Kick off your Louboutins, and stay in for the night. The Cougar Club will charm you and surprise you, right up to the last page.”
-Harley Jane Kozak, Agatha, Anthony, and Macavity-award winning author of A Date You Can’t Refuse