- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Affiliated Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- Spring Classes
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Edith Wharton
- Bridging the Partisan Divide
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Building Character
- Crafting a Compelling Query: An Agent's Advice
- Deconstructing Children's Literature
- E.M. Forster: Aspects of the Novel and Howard’s End
- Faulkner and Woolf: Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde?
- How Fiction Works
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Interpretations of Sherlock Holmes: Part I
- On the Dark Side: the First Arc of American Noir
- Paris: A Literary Sampler
- Picture Book Intensive: A Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Rock Creek Songbirds
- Spring Poetry Circle: Czeslaw Milosz & Tomas Transtromer
- The Tell-Tale Poe
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Sizzling Skillets and Other One-Pot Wonders (Paperback)
Not currently in the store – Usually ships in 1-5 days
In chef Emeril Lagasses tribute to one-pot wonders, he shows theres nothing more satisfying than a hearty meal prepared in your most cherished pot or pan. Whether baked in a cast-iron skillet, braised in a Dutch oven, seared in a hot wok, or simmered in a slow-cooker, Emerils Sizzling Skillets and Other One-Pot Wonders serves up delicious meals to fit any pan or palate.
Go beyond your typical soups, stews, and casseroles to indulge in crave-worthy main courses like BLT Risotto or New England-Style Fish and Shellfish Chowder, and comforting classics such as Cola-Braised Pot Roast with Vegetables and Southern-Style Chicken and Dumplings. Emeril also explores the spice trail with his bold twist on some of the worlds global traditionsIndian Karahi Chicken, Korean Kimchi and Beef Stew, and Mexican Pork and Red Chile Posole.
With more than 130 flavorful dishes and beautiful color photos throughout, Emerils recipes use foolproof techniques and staples from a well-stocked pantry to create filling meals that youll be proud to bring to the table. The perfect family dinner or star of your next potluck celebration is just one pot away!
About the Author
Emeril Lagasse is a chef, restaurateur, and author of seventeen bestselling cookbooks, including his most recent book, Farm to Fork: Cooking Local, Cooking Fresh, and Emeril's New New Orleans Cooking, which introduced his creative take on Creole cuisine. He is the proprietor of thirteen award-winning restaurants across the country. He is the host of The Originals with Emeril and Fresh Food Fast, both appearing on the Cooking Channel. He is currently in his fourteenth year as the food correspondent for ABC's Good Morning America. In 2002, Emeril established the Emeril Lagasse Foundation to support children's educational programs that inspire and mentor young people through the culinary arts and promote nutrition and healthy eating.