- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Offsite Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- Spring Classes
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Edith Wharton
- Bridging the Partisan Divide
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Building Character
- Crafting a Compelling Query: An Agent's Advice
- Deconstructing Children's Literature
- E.M. Forster: Aspects of the Novel and Howard’s End
- Faulkner and Woolf: Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde?
- How Fiction Works
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Interpretations of Sherlock Holmes: Part I
- On the Dark Side: the First Arc of American Noir
- Paris: A Literary Sampler
- Picture Book Intensive: A Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Rock Creek Songbirds
- Spring Poetry Circle: Czeslaw Milosz & Tomas Transtromer
- The Tell-Tale Poe
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Joe Hunter uses the skills he perfected with the CIA and in Special Ops to solve problems. But his sojourn in Florida is recreational . . . until a beautiful, desperate woman walks into his life. Kate Piers wants Hunter to help her find her missing sister. But there are several things Hunter doesnt know . . .
Like the fact that the sister crossed a very bad mana millionaire sadist who likes doing the wetwork himself. Or that the maniac has serious connections to the underworld . . . and runs a private army with enough firepower to blow a gaping hole through the heart of Texas.
When a violent encounter with a pair of twin killers in the Kentucky hills results in Kates capture, Hunter realizes therell be no backing down, no matter how badly the odds are stacked against him. Theres a debt to be repaid and vengeance to be had . . . and when his scorched earth campaign is over, there wont be anything left to burn.
About the Author
Matt Hilton has worked in private security and for the Cumbria police department. As an expert in kempo jujitsu, he holds the rank of fourth dan, and founded and taught at the respected Bushidokan Dojo. He is the award-winning author of the internationally bestselling Joe Hunter series. Hilton is married and lives in England.