- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Gaithersburg Book Festival
- Affiliated Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- Spring Classes
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Edith Wharton
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Building Character
- Crafting a Compelling Query: An Agent's Advice
- Deconstructing Children's Literature
- E.M. Forster: Aspects of the Novel and Howard’s End
- Faulkner and Woolf: Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde?
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Interpretations of Sherlock Holmes: Part I
- On the Dark Side: the First Arc of American Noir
- Paris: A Literary Sampler
- Picture Book Intensive: A Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Rock Creek Songbirds
- Spring Poetry Circle: Czeslaw Milosz & Tomas Transtromer
- The Tell-Tale Poe
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Durango is playing the cards he was dealt. And its not a good hand.
Hes lost his family.
Hes lost his crew.
And hes got the scars to prove it.
You dont want to mess with Durango.
About the Author
David Macinnis Gill is a former high school teacher. In a starred review, Kirkus called his first novel, Soul Enchilada, an "action-packed power-punch of a debut."
Praise for Black Hole Sun…
School Library Journal Best Book“Rockets readers to new frontiers . . . action-packed.”
-Suzanne Collins, author of The Hunger Games
“Great story, great characters, and nonstop action. David Gill takes you to a rugged, fast, tough world.”
-Chris Crutcher, author of Deadline and Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes
“Black Hole Sun grabbed me by the throat and didn’t let go until the last page. In the best tradition of Heinlein and Firefly, Black Hole Sun is for readers who like their books fast-paced, intense, and relentless. Buy it, read it, pass it on!”
-Laurie Halse Anderson, author of Wintergirls and Speak
“Readers will have a hard time turning the pages fast enough as the body count rises to the climactic, satisfying ending, which will leave new fans hopeful for more adventures.”
-Booklist (starred review)
“Action, adventure, sci-fi, and horror buffs will all find this an almost perfect mix of all of the genres, and the addition of a soupçon of romance and hints of painful family drama results in a book that’s got appeal to just about any potential speculative-fiction fan.”
-Bulletin of the Center for Children’s Books
“Science-fiction fans will cheer Durango on in his exploits and enjoy the twists in the novel’s satisfying conclusion. ”
-School Library Journal (starred review)
“Fast-paced, compulsively readable, and outright funny.”
-Voice of Youth Advocates (VOYA)