- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Offsite Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- Spring Classes
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Edith Wharton
- Bridging the Partisan Divide
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Building Character
- Crafting a Compelling Query: An Agent's Advice
- Deconstructing Children's Literature
- E.M. Forster: Aspects of the Novel and Howard’s End
- Faulkner and Woolf: Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde?
- How Fiction Works
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Interpretations of Sherlock Holmes: Part I
- On the Dark Side: the First Arc of American Noir
- Paris: A Literary Sampler
- Picture Book Intensive: A Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Rock Creek Songbirds
- Spring Poetry Circle: Czeslaw Milosz & Tomas Transtromer
- The Tell-Tale Poe
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Taken By the Laird (Mass Market Paperback)
Not currently shipping from publisher – Subject to future availability
A bride on the run . . .
A young lady escapes to Scotland in the dead of night, desperate to avoid the horrid marriage her guardian had arranged. Traveling alone, fearing for her safety, Brianna Munro finds shelter at the imposing Castle Glenloch. She intends to stay for just one night . . . but then Brianna encounters Hugh Christie, Laird Glenloch, and all her best-laid plans vanish into the Highland air.
The stubborn chit says she's a lady's maid, running from a vengeful employer on the way to Dundee. But Hugh can see that the bold beauty is hiding something, just as plainly as he can see that he won't be able to resist her. Brianna's tempting body was made for pleasure, and Hugh has never been one to deny himself the delight of sin. He'll have to convince Brianna that he's not like the other men she's known—and that being taken by a laird one stormy night is just the beginning of a lifetime of ecstasy.
About the Author
Margo Maguire is the author of nineteen historical romance novels. Formerly a critical care nurse, she worked for many years in a large Detroit trauma center. Margo writes full time and loves to hear from readers.