- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Affiliated Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- Spring Classes
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Edith Wharton
- Bridging the Partisan Divide
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Building Character
- Crafting a Compelling Query: An Agent's Advice
- Deconstructing Children's Literature
- E.M. Forster: Aspects of the Novel and Howard’s End
- Faulkner and Woolf: Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde?
- How Fiction Works
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Interpretations of Sherlock Holmes: Part I
- On the Dark Side: the First Arc of American Noir
- Paris: A Literary Sampler
- Picture Book Intensive: A Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Rock Creek Songbirds
- Spring Poetry Circle: Czeslaw Milosz & Tomas Transtromer
- The Tell-Tale Poe
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Indie Next ListJuly 2012
Fifteen seconds is all it took to cause an innocent man to start running for his life. The train of set-ups is so believable that it is no wonder that the police want to shoot Dr. Henry Steadman on sight. We are taken along for a white-knuckle ride as irrefutable evidence against him piles up and Henry's only hope to survive and save his daughter is to avoid capture so he can find out who is framing him and why. This is the best yet from Andrew Gross. -- Nancy McFarlane, Fiction Addiction, Greenville, SC
15 seconds can tear your life apart . . .
Henry Steadman never knew what was about to hit him when he pulled up to a red light. Stopped by the police for a minor traffic violation—pulled from his vehicle, handcuffed, and told he is under arrest. Then a blue sedan drives up, a police officer is shot dead, and the car speeds away, leaving behind one suspect: Henry Steadman. Suddenly his life becomes an unrelenting chase to stay alive.
Henry is the target of a massive police manhunt while also being pursued by a cunning, unnamed predator bent on terrifying vengeance. With breakneck pacing and nonstop action, 15 Seconds is the story of an innocent man who must save the person he loves most by confronting a man determined to destroy his life.
About the Author
Andrew Gross is the author of the New York Times and international bestsellers Eyes Wide Open, The Blue Zone, The Dark Tide, Don't Look Twice, and Reckless. He is also coauthor of five number one bestsellers with James Patterson, including Judge & Jury and Lifeguard. His books have been translated into more than twenty-five languages. He lives in Westchester County, New York, with his wife, Lynn.
Praise for 15 Seconds…
“A total white knuckle, stay-up-all-night thrill ride. Enjoyed the heck out of it!”
“Gripping...coming up on the rails behind Harlan Coben and Lee Child.... Very diverting.”
-Evening Standard (UK)
“An intensive manhunt....Thrillingly realistic with a surprising resolution.