- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Affiliated Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- Spring Classes
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Edith Wharton
- Bridging the Partisan Divide
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Building Character
- Crafting a Compelling Query: An Agent's Advice
- Deconstructing Children's Literature
- E.M. Forster: Aspects of the Novel and Howard’s End
- Faulkner and Woolf: Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde?
- How Fiction Works
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Interpretations of Sherlock Holmes: Part I
- On the Dark Side: the First Arc of American Noir
- Paris: A Literary Sampler
- Picture Book Intensive: A Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Rock Creek Songbirds
- Spring Poetry Circle: Czeslaw Milosz & Tomas Transtromer
- The Tell-Tale Poe
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
A Dark Love (Mass Market Paperback)
Not currently shipping from publisher – Subject to future availability
Only Caroline knows the truth about her husband, the brilliant psychoanalyst whose list of patients includes some of Washington, D.C.'s, most celebrated. Caroline has seen the darkest side of this cruel, controlling psychopath who watches her every move. With only a few precious minutes allotted to her, escape is now or never. Caroline must run for her life . . . as far and fast as she can.
But even two thousand miles isn't far enough. A new identity, new town, and new love—rugged pro-footballer-turned-outdoorsman Ken Kincaid—won't protect her. Because Caroline knows Porter will never stop until he's hunted her down.
And there will be a reckoning . . .
About the Author
Margaret Vodopia Carroll is a New York City native. The author of A Dark Love, she earned a BA from The George Washington University, and has lived in London; New York; Washington, D.C.; and Santa Fe, New Mexico. She enjoyed a high-flying career in publishing and public relations, specializing in international luxury travel. Her job took her all over the globe until she got married and became a mother, thereby embarking on the most exciting adventure of her life. The Carrolls live in Michigan with a Scottish terrier named Buddy.