- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Supported Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Politics & Place
- Made In The USA: American Literature
- Literature Of The British Isles: Classic & Contemporary
- Thrillers & Chillers
- Writing Workshops
- Memoir Writing
- The Business Of Writing
- An Exclusive Dinner at Buck's Fishing & Camping with Author Kathleen Flinn
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
The Greatest Science Stories Never Told: 100 tales of invention and discovery to astonish, bewilder, and stupefy (Hardcover)
Not currently in the store – Usually ships in 1-5 days
100 tales of invention and discovery to astonish, bewilder, & stupefy
- Meet the angry undertaker who gave us the push-button phone.
- Discover how modesty led to the invention of the stethoscope.
- Find out why Albert Einstein patented a refrigerator.
- Learn how a train full of trumpeters made science history.
Did you know about:
- The frustrated fashion designer who created the space suit?
- The gun-toting newspaperman who invented the parking meter?
- The midnight dreams that led to a Nobel Prize?
They're so good, you can't read just one!
About the Author
Rick Beyer is the author of the popular Greatest Stories Never Told book series, and an award-winning documentary filmmaker whose work has been seen on The History Channel, A&E, and National Geographic Channel. He is also an accomplished speaker who inspires and entertains audiences around the country. He lives with his wife in Lexington, Massachusetts.