- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Gaithersburg Book Festival
- Affiliated Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- Spring Classes
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Edith Wharton
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Building Character
- Crafting a Compelling Query: An Agent's Advice
- Deconstructing Children's Literature
- E.M. Forster: Aspects of the Novel and Howard’s End
- Faulkner and Woolf: Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde?
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Interpretations of Sherlock Holmes: Part I
- On the Dark Side: the First Arc of American Noir
- Paris: A Literary Sampler
- Picture Book Intensive: A Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Rock Creek Songbirds
- Spring Poetry Circle: Czeslaw Milosz & Tomas Transtromer
- The Tell-Tale Poe
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
King's Wrath: Book 3 of the Valisar Trilogy (Mass Market Paperback)
Not currently in the store – Usually ships in 1-5 days
The thrilling conclusion to the breathtaking saga of power, blood, birthright, and enchantment.
The barbarian King Loethar may have gained his throne through brutality and bloodshed, but he has ruled Penraven with unexpected wisdom. Now his innumerable past sins threaten his reignas Valisars who escaped slaughter prepare to rise up. Loyalties shift and new alliances are formed as the truth of history begins to emerge.
King-in-exile Leonel hungers for revenge against the man he considers the usurper of his throne. Yet Leo is unaware of another who wields the enchantment he covetsthe once-charming "halfwit" brother Piven, now a powerful youth whose exceptional cunning is matched only by his ruthless desire for the throne.
But the efforts of all three to hold or gain control of Penraven may well be in vain, for the true inheritor of the Valisar Legacy is being called home . . . to claim her crown.
About the Author
Born in 1960 and raised in southern England, Fiona McIntosh spent an early childhood in the gold-mining camp of Bibiani in Ghana, where her father was working. She studied in Brighton before starting a career in PR and marketing in London. She made Australia her home in 1980, continuing in a travel-marketing career with an ad agency, a tourism authority, and an international airline. Fiona married her magazine-publisher husband, Ian, and they now live in Adelaide with their teenage twin sons, Will and Jack.