- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Offsite Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- Spring Classes
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Edith Wharton
- Bridging the Partisan Divide
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Building Character
- Crafting a Compelling Query: An Agent's Advice
- Deconstructing Children's Literature
- E.M. Forster: Aspects of the Novel and Howard’s End
- Faulkner and Woolf: Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde?
- How Fiction Works
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Interpretations of Sherlock Holmes: Part I
- On the Dark Side: the First Arc of American Noir
- Paris: A Literary Sampler
- Picture Book Intensive: A Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Rock Creek Songbirds
- Spring Poetry Circle: Czeslaw Milosz & Tomas Transtromer
- The Tell-Tale Poe
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Model, Incorporated (Paperback)
Not currently shipping from publisher – Subject to future availability
Supermodel Carol Alt brings the inside world of high-end fashion modeling into dazzling focus—with a fabulous novel about what it takes to get to the top...and stay there.
Plucked from obscurity, beautiful Melody Ann Croft is making her way up the industry ladder. But Melody Ann is gone...in her place is "Mac" and with her looks, brains, and drive, she may well be on the brink of becoming America's top model. Suddenly Mac's seeing her name in the tabloids, being wooed by billionaire businessmen...and sharing intimate late-night dinners with movie stars. And she's discovering that the supermodel life isn't all fluff and glamour. It's long hours, hard work, and even harder choices—like choosing to starve or to never work again.
But does Mac have what it takes to be super? Because deep down—behind the perfect body and million-dollar smile—she's still the same hometown Melody Ann she's always been....
About the Author
The bestselling author of This Year's Model and Eating in the Raw, Carol Alt's face has appeared on the cover of more than seven hundred magazines. Her calendars, posters, and exercise videos have sold millions of copies. A frequent guest on TV talk shows, she has acted on stage, on television, and in more than sixty-five movies.