- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Gaithersburg Book Festival
- Affiliated Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- Spring Classes
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Edith Wharton
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Building Character
- Crafting a Compelling Query: An Agent's Advice
- Deconstructing Children's Literature
- E.M. Forster: Aspects of the Novel and Howard’s End
- Faulkner and Woolf: Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde?
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Interpretations of Sherlock Holmes: Part I
- On the Dark Side: the First Arc of American Noir
- Paris: A Literary Sampler
- Picture Book Intensive: A Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Rock Creek Songbirds
- Spring Poetry Circle: Czeslaw Milosz & Tomas Transtromer
- The Tell-Tale Poe
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
From Zakary Pelaccio, founder and owner of Fatty Crab and Fatty 'Cue, comes a gorgeous, groundbreaking cookbook of Southeast Asian—inspired, French— and Italian—inflected food that celebrates getting your hands dirty in—and out of—the kitchen.
Eat with Your Hands takes readers on a tour of the outrageously flavorful and wholly original food that has made Pelaccio a star, in a cookbook that's as irreverent, high-spirited, and deeply iconoclastic as the chef himself.
Combining a punk rock ethos with a commitment to producing exquisitely imagined and executed food, Eat with Your Hands brings together Pelaccio's eclectic influences in wildly inventive recipes that showcase his innovative blending of Asian flavors, sustainable local ingredients, and American gusto.
Full of highly opinionated suggestions for both what to drink and what to listen to in the kitchen, paeans to the joys of the mortar and pestle and fermented condiments, charming sidebars on kitchen techniques, and an unbridled love for real food, Eat with Your Hands is a celebration of no-holds-barred cooking from a chef who is redefining the American culinary landscape.
About the Author
Zakary Pelaccio is an owner and founder of the restaurants Fatty Crab and Fatty 'Cue, an award winning chef, a father, a part-time writer, amateur gardener, occasional teacher, and devout student of flavor. He lives in Brooklyn, New York.