- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Offsite Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- "What's Love Got To Do With It?": A History of Marriage
- Arthurian Women
- Bridging the Partisan Divide
- Cloaked Trajectory: Tracking the Modern Spy Novel
- Edith Wharton
- Expatriate Literature: Americans Abroad
- From Main Street to Lake Wobegon: Sinclair Lewis, Garrison Keillor, and Life in Small Town America
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Inside The Best American Poetry 2013
- Knitting the New Lace
- Make Your Own Passover Haggadah with DipTwice
- Master Class: Memoir Manuscript Workshop
- Memoir Writing Workshop (Mixed Level)
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Ralph Ellison: Invisible & Visible
- Shakespeare in Washington: Richard III and Henry IV, Part 1
- Text and Performance: Three Contemporary Plays
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Workshop with NYT bestselling author Cara Black: We'll Always Have Paris...: Constructing an International Setting
- Writing and Rewriting Huck
- Winter Classes
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
The One-Life Solution: Reclaim Your Personal Life While Achieving Greater Professional Success (Hardcover)
Not currently shipping from publisher – Subject to future availability
Do you feel that if you could get rid of some of the chaos in your work life, you could take your performance to a greater level? Do you stay late at the office many nights, trying to empty an inbox that never seems to diminish? Do you have difficulty dealing with cantankerous bosses or passive-aggressive coworkers? Do you find yourself checking your BlackBerry—almost against your will—during dates, family dinners, or your children's soccer games? If you've answered yes to any of the above, chances are you feel fragmented, pulled in too many directions at once, frustrated. Your work life has taken over your personal life.
In The One-Life Solution, Dr. Henry Cloud, consultant, bestselling author of the Boundaries series and Integrity, and clinical psychologist, examines the workplace. He demonstrates how our failure to maintain a unified life with good boundaries at the office not only blurs the line between the professional and the personal, but leaves us less equipped to deal with the problems of today's workplace: stress, heavy workload, and a blistering pace. As a result, we are overworked, overstressed, and unhappier than ever. Through real-world examples from years of working with leaders at companies large and small, Dr. Cloud shows us how to construct and enforce better boundaries against the technological devices, bullying bosses, and distracting coworkers who invade our time and space.
From conducting an audit of your time, to developing a policy of who you are and what you stand for, to learning how to overcome a paralyzing inability to say no, Dr. Cloud provides invaluable strategies and scripts for moving toward a more unified, coherent sense of self and a life that fully encompasses work, family, and spirituality. In a clear, conversational voice, he will help you develop the ability to:
- contain self-destructive behavior and keep it from spreading.
- define yourself and know who you are.
- set limits when needed.
- communicate effectively.
- learn how to improve your performance at the office and outside it.
By starting to do what's best for you, you'll find the key to living the one happy, fulfilling life that only you can live.
About the Author
Dr. Henry Cloud is a leadership coach to CEOs and business executives, and a clinical psychologist with an extensive background in both the clinical and professional consulting worlds. An internationally popular speaker, he is also the bestselling author of Integrity; The One-Life Solution; Boundaries; Nine Things You Simply Must Do; and numerous others. Dr. Cloud lives in Los Angeles, California.