- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Offsite Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- Spring Classes
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Edith Wharton
- Bridging the Partisan Divide
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Building Character
- Crafting a Compelling Query: An Agent's Advice
- Deconstructing Children's Literature
- E.M. Forster: Aspects of the Novel and Howard’s End
- Faulkner and Woolf: Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde?
- How Fiction Works
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Interpretations of Sherlock Holmes: Part I
- On the Dark Side: the First Arc of American Noir
- Paris: A Literary Sampler
- Picture Book Intensive: A Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Rock Creek Songbirds
- Spring Poetry Circle: Czeslaw Milosz & Tomas Transtromer
- The Tell-Tale Poe
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
To Wed a Highland Bride (Mass Market Paperback)
Not currently shipping from publisher – Subject to future availability
A reluctant groom . . .
Noble warrior James MacCarran has no desire to venture onto the thorny battlefield of marriage. But his grandmother's will issues an ultimatummarry or forfeit his rightful inheritanceand now he must find a bride. Only the most ravishing woman could make it worth his while, but when he meets Elspeth MacArthur, she is nothing like he anticipated. Yes, she is beautiful, luminous really, but there is something mysterious about this lass . . . An enchanting bride . . .
Reluctant to leave her Highland home, Elspeth must keep an astonishing secret when unexpected circumstances force her to marry. But as an unseen threat draws ever closer, about to reveal the truth of her life in the mystical Highlands, she soon realizes that her only haven is in James' passionate embrace . . . and that carries the greatest risk of all.
About the Author
Sarah Gabriel, a former college instructor, has a Master's degree and most of a Ph.D. in medieval studies. An experienced writer and historian, her fascination for all things Scottish and her love of the romance genre led her to write historical romance. Of Scottish and Irish descent, Sarah has traveled extensively in Scotland and England. She has studied art, healing therapies, music, martial arts, archery, and falconry, and hopes to include all of those interests (and more) in future stories. She lives in Maryland with her husband, three sons, and a Westie.