- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Offsite Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- Spring Classes
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Edith Wharton
- Bridging the Partisan Divide
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Building Character
- Crafting a Compelling Query: An Agent's Advice
- Deconstructing Children's Literature
- E.M. Forster: Aspects of the Novel and Howard’s End
- Faulkner and Woolf: Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde?
- How Fiction Works
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Interpretations of Sherlock Holmes: Part I
- On the Dark Side: the First Arc of American Noir
- Paris: A Literary Sampler
- Picture Book Intensive: A Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Rock Creek Songbirds
- Spring Poetry Circle: Czeslaw Milosz & Tomas Transtromer
- The Tell-Tale Poe
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
The Doomsday Key: A Sigma Force Novel (Mass Market Paperback)
Not currently in the store – Usually ships in 1-5 days
At Princeton University, a famed geneticist dies inside a biohazard lab. In Rome, a Vatican archaeologist is found dead in St. Peter's Basilica. In Africa, a U.S. senator's son is slain outside a Red Cross camp.
Three murder victims on three continents, linked by a pagan Druidic cross burned into their flesh.
Commander Gray Pierce and Sigma Force have only days to solve an apocalyptic puzzle dating back centuries. Aided by two women from his pastone his ex-lover, the other his new partnerGray must uncover a horrifying secret that threatens America and the world, even if it means sacrificing the life of one of the women at his side. The race is onfrom the Roman Coliseum to the icy peaks of Norway to the lost tombs of Celtic kingsand the future hangs in the balance. For humankind's ultimate nightmare is locked within a talisman buried by a dead saintan ancient artifact known as . . . The Doomsday Key
About the Author
James Rollins is the New York Times bestseller of thrillers translated into forty languages. His Sigma series has been lauded as one of the "top crowd pleasers" (New York Times) and one of the "hottest summer reads" (People Magazine). Acclaimed for his originality, Rollins unveils unseen worlds, scientific breakthroughs, and historical secrets—and he does it all at breakneck speed.
Rebecca Cantrell's Hannah Vogel mystery novels have won the Bruce Alexander and Macavity awards and been nominated for the Barry and Romantic Times Reviewers Choice awards; her critically-acclaimed novel, iDrakula, was nominated for the APPY award and listed on Booklist's Top 10 Horror Fiction for Youth. She and her husband and son just left Hawaii's sunny shores for adventures in Berlin.
Praise for The Doomsday Key: A Sigma Force Novel…
“This guy doesn’t write novels—he builds roller coasters....Rollins excels at combining action and history with larger-than-life characters....A must for pure action fans.”
“Rollins’s prose explodes off the page in a twisty and compelling thriller....Swashbuckling adventure, elite team effort, and religious symbology all add up to another gripping andterrifying read....An amazing and brilliant technothriller that might be his best to date.
-Library Journal (starred review)