- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Offsite Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- Spring Classes
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Edith Wharton
- Bridging the Partisan Divide
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Building Character
- Crafting a Compelling Query: An Agent's Advice
- Deconstructing Children's Literature
- E.M. Forster: Aspects of the Novel and Howard’s End
- Faulkner and Woolf: Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde?
- How Fiction Works
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Interpretations of Sherlock Holmes: Part I
- On the Dark Side: the First Arc of American Noir
- Paris: A Literary Sampler
- Picture Book Intensive: A Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Rock Creek Songbirds
- Spring Poetry Circle: Czeslaw Milosz & Tomas Transtromer
- The Tell-Tale Poe
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Be Still My Vampire Heart (Mass Market Paperback)
Not currently in the store – Usually ships in 1-5 days
If it was still beating. Angus MacKay has been undead for almost five hundred years and it's not often something, or someone, surprises him. Until Emma Wallace. The sight of this luscious agent from the CIA's elite Stake-Out team was enough to stop Angus in his tracks. But then he discovers that she's a vampire slayer, intent on killing the "monsters" who killed her parents. And it's Angus's job to stop her.
The only good vampire is a dead vampire. It's been Emma's motto since she committed her life to the destruction of these things. Now Angus MacKay wants to convince her differently.
Sure, he's a sexy Highland warrior who seems to have stepped off the cover of a romance novel, complete with brogue, kilt, and sword, but he's also one of them. And it's her job to kill him.
The war is on, but will it end in the destruction of one or both of them . . . or in total surrender to a passion for the ages?
About the Author
A former tap dancer and high school French teacher, New York Times bestselling author Kerrelyn Sparks has always searched for creative ways to express herself. A prolific reader since childhood, she discovered that writing her own stories provided the ideal way to combine her loves of comedy, language, and history. And what a relief that the voices in her head have led to a paycheck instead of a padded room! A native Texan, Kerrelyn lives with her husband in the Greater Houston area.