- Books for Passover
- The Scoop from Brad & Lissa
- Staff Picks
- P&P Bestsellers
- Week's Best Deals
- Cover to Cover
- Vox Populi
- Book-a-Month Club
- Signed First Editions Club
- Signed Books
- Kobo e-Books
- Zola e-Books
- Used Books on Biblio.com
- Opus Print On Demand
- Foreign Language Books
- Bulk Book Sales
- Blog Archive
- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Affiliated Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- Spring Classes
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Edith Wharton
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Building Character
- Crafting a Compelling Query: An Agent's Advice
- Deconstructing Children's Literature
- E.M. Forster: Aspects of the Novel and Howard’s End
- Faulkner and Woolf: Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde?
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Interpretations of Sherlock Holmes: Part I
- On the Dark Side: the First Arc of American Noir
- Paris: A Literary Sampler
- Picture Book Intensive: A Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Rock Creek Songbirds
- Spring Poetry Circle: Czeslaw Milosz & Tomas Transtromer
- The Tell-Tale Poe
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Dare to Repair: A Do-it-Herself Guide to Fixing (Almost) Anything in the Home (Paperback)
Not currently in the store – Usually ships in 1-5 days
This is NOT your father's home repair book!
And it's not your husband's, your brother's, your boyfriend's, or the guy's next door. Dare to Repair is a do-it-herself book for every woman who would rather be self-reliant than rely on a super or contractor.
No matter the depth of your pockets or the size of your home, a toilet will get clogged, a circuit breaker will trip, and a smoke detector will stop working. It's up to you how you'll deal with them -- live in denial, pay the piper, or get real and do it yourself.
Dare to Repair demystifies these home repairs by providing information that other books leave out.
In Dare to Repair, you'll learn how to:
- Take the plunge -- from fixing a leaky faucet to cleaning the gutters.
- Lighten up -- from removing a broken light bulb to installing a dimmer switch.
- Keep your cool -- from maintaining a refrigerator's gasket to changing the rotation of a ceiling fan.
- Get a handle on it -- from replacing a doorknob to repairing a broken window.
- Play it safe -- from planning a fire escape route to installing a smoke detector.
Filled with detailed illustrations, Dare to Repair provides even the most repair-challenged woman with the ability to successfully fix things around the home. Once you start, you won't want to stop.
About the Author
Julie Sussman and Stephanie Glakas-Tenet, authors of the national bestseller Dare to Repair and Dare to Repair Your Car, have been featured on the New York Times, Washington Post, Barnes & Noble, and Amazon bestseller lists. They have appeared on Good Morning America, Today, The Early Show, and FOX & Friends, and have hosted their own PBS special. As spokeswomen for the Lowe's and Habitat for Humanity Women Build program partnership, the authors have committed themselves to helping address the crisis of substandard housing by engaging women in the construction and maintenance of Habitat homes. In addition, they have partnered with the U.S. military and Lowe's to provide Dare to Repair clinics, teaching home repair and car care to military spouses managing the home front.