- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Gaithersburg Book Festival
- Affiliated Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- Spring Classes
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Edith Wharton
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Building Character
- Crafting a Compelling Query: An Agent's Advice
- Deconstructing Children's Literature
- E.M. Forster: Aspects of the Novel and Howard’s End
- Faulkner and Woolf: Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde?
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Interpretations of Sherlock Holmes: Part I
- On the Dark Side: the First Arc of American Noir
- Paris: A Literary Sampler
- Picture Book Intensive: A Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Rock Creek Songbirds
- Spring Poetry Circle: Czeslaw Milosz & Tomas Transtromer
- The Tell-Tale Poe
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Abraham CD Low Price: Abraham CD Low Price (Compact Disc)
Not currently in the store – Usually ships in 1-5 days
At a moment when the world is asking "Can the religions get along?" Abraham stands as the shared ancestor of Jews, Christians, and Muslims. He holds the key to our deepest fears -- and our possible reconciliation.
Bruce Feiler set out on a personal quest to better understand our common patriarch. Traveling in war zones, climbing though caves and ancient shrines, and sitting down with the world's leading religious minds, Feiler discovers the untold story of the man who defines faith for half the world.
Both immediate and timeless, Abraham is a powerful, universal story, the first ever interfaith portrait of the man God chose to be his partner. Thoughtful, perceptive, and inspiring in a way that has endeared Bruce Feiler to readers around the world, Abraham offers a rare vision of hope that will redefine what we think about our neighbors, our future, and ourselves.
Also includes an excerpt from the New York Times bestseller Walking the Bible.
About the Author
Bruce Feiler is the author of five consecutive New York Times bestsellers, including Walking the Bible, Abraham, and America's Prophet. He writes the "This Life" column for the New York Times and lives in Brooklyn with his wife and twin daughters.