- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Offsite Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- "What's Love Got To Do With It?": A History of Marriage
- Arthurian Women
- Bridging the Partisan Divide
- Cloaked Trajectory: Tracking the Modern Spy Novel
- Edith Wharton
- Expatriate Literature: Americans Abroad
- From Main Street to Lake Wobegon: Sinclair Lewis, Garrison Keillor, and Life in Small Town America
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Inside The Best American Poetry 2013
- Knitting the New Lace
- Make Your Own Passover Haggadah with DipTwice
- Master Class: Memoir Manuscript Workshop
- Memoir Writing Workshop (Mixed Level)
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Ralph Ellison: Invisible & Visible
- Shakespeare in Washington: Richard III and Henry IV, Part 1
- Text and Performance: Three Contemporary Plays
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Workshop with NYT bestselling author Cara Black: We'll Always Have Paris...: Constructing an International Setting
- Writing and Rewriting Huck
- Winter Classes
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
The 3-Hour Diet (TM): How Low-Carb Diets Make You Fat and Timing Makes You Thin (Hardcover)
Not currently in the store – Usually ships in 1-5 days
Following the amazing success of his New York Times bestseller 8 Minutes in the Morning, America's #1 online weight loss specialist Jorge Cruise is back with a revolutionary diet book that keeps with his trademark hassle–free, time–friendly approach.
It's a fact: the low–carb craze is everywhere. Although low–carb diets produce short term weight loss, the results are not sustainable. Dieticians, fitness experts, and medical publications are slowly awakening to the fact that the low–carb diet isn't the answer to weight loss nor a solution to the obesity epidemic. Jorge Cruise's The 3–Hour Diet reveals that timing is the revolutionary weight loss element that has been kept secret until now. By eating small, balanced meals every three hours you reset your body's metabolism and achieve amazing results. Eating every three hours turns off your "starvation protection mechanism" ensuring that fat is released and fat–burning muscle preserved. So get ready to lose 2 pounds each week! All with no calorie counting, no starvation, and no deprivation. Bottom line, timing will sculpt your body slim.
With his now trademark easy–to–follow instructions, accessibility, and client success stories, Jorge Cruise's The 3–Hour Diet is a fluid combination of proven success and categorical innovation. Weight loss has never been easier!
o For overweight people disillusioned with the low–carb craze and other fad diets that don't work or are even unhealthy. Also aimed at people with busy schedules looking to lose weight quickly and effectively, utilizing a dietary approach instead of committing to a workout regimen.
o 8 Minutes in the Morning has sold 1.8K through BookScan.
o The dark side of low–carb diets is only just beginning to rear its ugly head, and this book has the potential to be at the forefront of the low–carb backlash. In this book readers will find:
o Why low–carb and other fad diets make you fat, and why timing is the key to sustained weight loss.
o The Cruise Down Plate approach to eating that supports lean muscle development by eating your favourite foods (including candy and carbs) with no banned items and no calorie–counting. Includes frozen foods and fast food options!
o How to prevent emotional eating.
o A 28–Day Planner designed to promote organization and accountability for the dieter.
o An all–new meal and recipe guide, that is both delicious and healthy.
About the Author
Jorge Cruise personally struggled with weight as a child and young man. Today he is recognized as America's leading weight-loss expert for busy people. Jorge has coached more than 3 million online clients at 3HourDiet.com and is the exclusive weight-loss coach for AOL's 23 million users. As "FitSmart" columnist for USA Weekend Magazine, Jorge's advice reaches more than 51 million readers across the country. He has appeared on Oprah, CNN, Good Morning America, Today, Extra, The Tyra Banks Show, Dateline NBC, and The View.