- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Offsite Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- Spring Classes
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Edith Wharton
- Bridging the Partisan Divide
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Building Character
- Crafting a Compelling Query: An Agent's Advice
- Deconstructing Children's Literature
- E.M. Forster: Aspects of the Novel and Howard’s End
- Faulkner and Woolf: Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde?
- How Fiction Works
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Interpretations of Sherlock Holmes: Part I
- On the Dark Side: the First Arc of American Noir
- Paris: A Literary Sampler
- Picture Book Intensive: A Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Rock Creek Songbirds
- Spring Poetry Circle: Czeslaw Milosz & Tomas Transtromer
- The Tell-Tale Poe
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
The Ciminelli Solution: A 7-Day Plan for Radiant Skin (Hardcover)
Not currently shipping from publisher – Subject to future availability
Stress and anxiety can wreak havoc on skin, resulting in acne, eczema, dry patches, rosacea, loss of elasticity, and premature aging. But before opting for Botox injections, laser treatments, and harsh chemical peels, try a healthier approach. Susan Ciminelli, skin-care expert to the stars and owner of the New York City day spa that bears her name, believes that the skin is a mirror of one's internal environment. The right lotions and creams are just one piece of the puzzle: What you put into your body, and, most important, the foods you eat play vital roles in your skin's health and appearance.
The Ciminelli Solution approaches skin care from the inside out, combining recipes, exercise tips, and treatment suggestions in a seven-day program that brings the mind, body, and soul into balance, resulting in flawless skin. Susan's step-by-step, day-by-day cleansing program is designed to jump start a healthier way of living and eating, without deprivation. This isn't a strict, clinical regimen. Instead, Susan takes the spa approach, focusing on what you should give to your body, not what you think you should take away.
Susan shows how eating certain foods gives skin renewed vitality, beauty, and longevity, and explains what to eat -- and what foods to avoid -- to achieve a healthy, glowing complexion. In addition to flavorful recipes for dishes such as Wild Salmon Burgers, Herb-Roasted Chicken, and her famous Adzuki Bean Soup, Susan includes recipes for facial masks, scrubs, and peels using all-natural ingredients, like honey, pineapple, and olive oil.
The Ciminelli Solution will improve your quality of life by detoxifying your system, increasing energy, and ultimately giving you a radiant, glowing complexion.
About the Author
Susan Ciminelli opened the Susan Ciminelli Day Spa in New York's Bergdorf Goodman in 1998. She also has an establishment in Santa Barbara, California. Susan and her products have been featured in numerous magazines, including Vogue, InStyle, Elle, and Allure. She lives in New York City.