- Books for Passover
- The Scoop from Brad & Lissa
- Staff Picks
- P&P Bestsellers
- Week's Best Deals
- Cover to Cover
- Vox Populi
- Book-a-Month Club
- Signed First Editions Club
- Signed Books
- Kobo e-Books
- Zola e-Books
- Used Books on Biblio.com
- Opus Print On Demand
- Foreign Language Books
- Bulk Book Sales
- Blog Archive
- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Affiliated Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- Spring Classes
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Edith Wharton
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Building Character
- Crafting a Compelling Query: An Agent's Advice
- Deconstructing Children's Literature
- E.M. Forster: Aspects of the Novel and Howard’s End
- Faulkner and Woolf: Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde?
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Interpretations of Sherlock Holmes: Part I
- On the Dark Side: the First Arc of American Noir
- Paris: A Literary Sampler
- Picture Book Intensive: A Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Rock Creek Songbirds
- Spring Poetry Circle: Czeslaw Milosz & Tomas Transtromer
- The Tell-Tale Poe
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Emeril's There's a Chef in My World!: Recipes That Take You Places (Hardcover)
Not currently shipping from publisher – Subject to future availability
Chef Emeril brings you a taste of the world! He helped younger kids take their first steps into the kitchen with Emeril's There's a Chef in My Soup! Recipes for the Kid in Everyone and then kicked it up a notch for older kids and adults, too, in Emeril's There's a Chef in My Family! Recipes to Get Everybody Cooking. Now Chef Emeril is back with a cookbook that really takes you places!
You can start your travels in your own kitchen by exploring the meals, ingredients, and cooking styles enjoyed in different countries and regions. Hey, Chef Emeril knows that we're all part of one global family, and a great way to learn about other cultures is through their food! Once you're cooking international-style, you'll be ready to hop on a plane to China, Portugal, England, Greece, or Africa, just for a start!
This cookbook is for kids of all ages and adults to use together, with 75 recipes for daily meals, special occasions, and everything in between, along with cooking tips and safety precautions. You can make a meal with dishes from one region or mix it up for a truly international feast! Plus, Chef Emeril includes "Did You Know . . ." tidbits of cultural information behind some of the recipes.
- Try breakfast English-style with Toad in the Hole -- and discover what the "toad" is!
- After tasting Mexican Broiled Corn, you might never go back to plain old corn on the cob again!
- Instead of going to a Chinese restaurant, cook your own Kung Pao Chicken and find out how this popular dish may have received its name!
- BLT Hot Dogs are a perfect twist of two American classics! But just how American are hot dogs, anyway?
- And don't forget to leave room for dessert! One bite of No-Bake Caribbean Rice Pudding and you'll want to know more about the flavors of the islands!
So, get ready, pack your bags -- here's your passport to a whole new world of food!
About the Author
Emeril Lagasse is a chef, restaurateur, and author of seventeen bestselling cookbooks, including his most recent book, Farm to Fork: Cooking Local, Cooking Fresh, and Emeril's New New Orleans Cooking, which introduced his creative take on Creole cuisine. He is the proprietor of thirteen award-winning restaurants across the country. He is the host of The Originals with Emeril and Fresh Food Fast, both appearing on the Cooking Channel. He is currently in his fourteenth year as the food correspondent for ABC's Good Morning America. In 2002, Emeril established the Emeril Lagasse Foundation to support children's educational programs that inspire and mentor young people through the culinary arts and promote nutrition and healthy eating.