- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Affiliated Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- Spring Classes
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Edith Wharton
- Bridging the Partisan Divide
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Building Character
- Crafting a Compelling Query: An Agent's Advice
- Deconstructing Children's Literature
- E.M. Forster: Aspects of the Novel and Howard’s End
- Faulkner and Woolf: Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde?
- How Fiction Works
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Interpretations of Sherlock Holmes: Part I
- On the Dark Side: the First Arc of American Noir
- Paris: A Literary Sampler
- Picture Book Intensive: A Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Rock Creek Songbirds
- Spring Poetry Circle: Czeslaw Milosz & Tomas Transtromer
- The Tell-Tale Poe
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Burlesque and the Art of the Teese/Fetish and the Art of the Teese (Hardcover)
Not currently in the store – Usually ships in 1-5 days
On one side, Dita Von Teese shares the beauty of the burlesque world, with bubblegum dreams and show tunes to strip to. Flip over for fantasies in fetish with dramatic costumes and the allure of submission.
Burlesque and the Art of the Teese
"I advocate glamour. Every day. Every minute."
I'm a good dancer and a nice girl, but I'm a great showgirl. I sell, in a word, magic. Burlesque is a world of illusion and dreams and of course, the striptease. Whether I am bathing in my martini glass, riding my sparkling carousel horse, or emerging from my giant gold powder compact, I live out my most glamorous fantasies by bringing nostalgic imagery to life.
Let me show you my world of gorgeous pin-ups, tantalizing stripteases, and femmes fatales. I'll give you a glimpse into my life, but a lady never reveals all.
Fetish and the Art of the Teese
You may have come for the fetish. Or you may just be sneaking a peek at this mysterious and peculiar other side. No matter what you've come for, there is something for you to indulge in.
My world of fetish may not be the one that you would expect. As a burlesque performer, I entice my audience, bringing their minds closer and closer to sex and then -- as good temptress must -- snatching it away. As a fetish star, I apply the same techniques. . . .
An opera-length kid leather glove, a strict wasp waist, an impossibly high patent leather heel, a severely painted red lip. . . . Come with me into my world of decadent fetishism.
About the Author
Dita Von Teese is the undisputed Queen of Burlesque and a modern-day fashion icon. The author of the bestselling Burlesque and the Art of the Teese / Fetish and the Art of the Teese, she has appeared in Vanity Fair, Vogue, Elle, Harper's Bazaar, Playboy, and international issues of nearly every fashion magazine. Dita was the first guest star in the history of the Crazy Horse Paris and has appeared at events for Louis Vuitton, Christian Louboutin, Marc Jacobs, Chopard, and the Cannes Film Festival. She lives in Hollywood, CA.
Praise for Burlesque and the Art of the Teese/Fetish and the Art of the Teese…
“Dita Von Teese is the queen of burlesque.”
“Dita Von Teese [is] the queen of the new burlesque renaissance.”
-Los Angeles Times
“Dita Von Teese doesn’t just look like the ultimate vamp. She actually is.”
“Dita Von Teese is, undisputably, the woman of the moment.”