- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Gaithersburg Book Festival
- Affiliated Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- Spring Classes
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Edith Wharton
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Building Character
- Crafting a Compelling Query: An Agent's Advice
- Deconstructing Children's Literature
- E.M. Forster: Aspects of the Novel and Howard’s End
- Faulkner and Woolf: Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde?
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Interpretations of Sherlock Holmes: Part I
- On the Dark Side: the First Arc of American Noir
- Paris: A Literary Sampler
- Picture Book Intensive: A Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Rock Creek Songbirds
- Spring Poetry Circle: Czeslaw Milosz & Tomas Transtromer
- The Tell-Tale Poe
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Shoeless Joe & Me (Library Binding)
Not currently shipping from publisher – Subject to future availability
Since Joe Stoshack first traveled back in time through a baseball card to meet Honus Wagner, he knew he had a special gift. So when sports card shop owner Flip tells Stosh all about his hero, Shoeless Joe Jackson -- about the scandal that destroyed the star player's career -- Stosh gets an idea. If he travels back in time with a 1919 baseball card in his hand, he just might be able to prevent the infamous Black Sox Scandal from ever taking place. And if he could do that, Shoeless Joe Jackson-one of the greatest players in the history of the game -- would finally take his place in the Baseball Hall of Fame, where he truly belongs.
But can Stosh prevent that tempting envelope full of gambling money from making its way to Shoeless Joe's hotel room before the big game?
About the Author
Dan Gutman is the author of the Baseball Card Adventure series, which has sold more than one and a half million copies, and the My Weird School series, which has sold more than 5.5 million copies!
Thanks to his many fans who voted in their classrooms, he has received fifteen state book awards and thirty-eight state book award nominations. Dan Gutman lives in Haddonfield, New Jersey, with his wife, Nina, and their two children, Sam and Emma.